Washougal River Road

pdedse

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
I'm not sure why I've never travelled this road; while not a very long loop at 13-14 miles, it is curvy and scenic. The Washougal River Road begins in the heart of Washougal, WA, just east of Camas. I live on the other side of the Columbia in Gresham, OR. If there were a bridge across the river at that point, I'd be 20 minutes away...as it is, I "have to" ride along Marine Drive to hiway 205, cross the Columbia, then backtrack east to Camas and then Washougal to begin the loop. Just a few miles north of Washougal...

8f1cb791577910a0223b4bff1d32d53d.jpg


Low 50 degrees. Not very much traffic at 10am on a Saturday morning.

Vernon bridge
e6cf5585f071b5e2cc707b36bb14ec46.jpg


Lots of good swimming holes for summer time coming soon
48aea00797397e072c95b36db11f5c0e.jpg


63a484359a6f1daf65b1082822fd5748.jpg


658a696f9c61acaad30f4dda59bc191e.jpg


There's some hiking spots that I'll have to check out at a later date, today was just for fun riding. I do a hiway 84 to Bridge of the Gods to hiway 14 on the WA side, then back to 84 either in Vancouver or in Hood River. But I've never made the time to do smaller loops branching off 14. With rains coming back to OR tomorrow, and only a 2 hr riding window this morning, this was a good outing.

Back to hiway 14 along the N shore of the Columbia. Those specks on the river are fishing boats.
8fe5c09b86a18ef049b303917fb687a0.jpg


Starting to feel right at home on the CB1100. This '17 is a smoother ride than my '14 standard...I didn't think I'd notice, but it's palatable, and I'm not usually one to notice.

Soon, I'll have to think about the 600 mile service. There are 3 Honda dealers within 30-50 minutes of where I live, but I didn't buy the bike locally. I'm not sure yet if I'll have a dealership do the job, or just tackle it myself.
 
Pdedse,
Nice pics, bike...do it yourself is always good & have fun :thumbsup:...

:hello:

pb
 
Beautiful. Sorry you "had to" ride so far to get those seat time pics, but mighty glad you did.

BTW 600 mile service is a breeze to do yourself, if you have the tools (ratchet, 17,mm socket, oil filter socket, oil, filter and a crush washer just in case.)
 
pdedse_imp said:
I'm not sure why I've never travelled this road; while not a very long loop at 13-14 miles, it is curvy and scenic. The Washougal River Road begins in the heart of Washougal, WA, just east of Camas. I live on the other side of the Columbia in Gresham, OR. If there were a bridge across the river at that point, I'd be 20 minutes away...as it is, I "have to" ride along Marine Drive to hiway 205, cross the Columbia, then backtrack east to Camas and then Washougal to begin the loop. Just a few miles north of Washougal...

8f1cb791577910a0223b4bff1d32d53d.jpg


Low 50 degrees. Not very much traffic at 10am on a Saturday morning.

Vernon bridge
e6cf5585f071b5e2cc707b36bb14ec46.jpg


Lots of good swimming holes for summer time coming soon
48aea00797397e072c95b36db11f5c0e.jpg


63a484359a6f1daf65b1082822fd5748.jpg


658a696f9c61acaad30f4dda59bc191e.jpg


There's some hiking spots that I'll have to check out at a later date, today was just for fun riding. I do a hiway 84 to Bridge of the Gods to hiway 14 on the WA side, then back to 84 either in Vancouver or in Hood River. But I've never made the time to do smaller loops branching off 14. With rains coming back to OR tomorrow, and only a 2 hr riding window this morning, this was a good outing.

Back to hiway 14 along the N shore of the Columbia. Those specks on the river are fishing boats.
8fe5c09b86a18ef049b303917fb687a0.jpg


Starting to feel right at home on the CB1100. This '17 is a smoother ride than my '14 standard...I didn't think I'd notice, but it's palatable, and I'm not usually one to notice.

Soon, I'll have to think about the 600 mile service. There are 3 Honda dealers within 30-50 minutes of where I live, but I didn't buy the bike locally. I'm not sure yet if I'll have a dealership do the job, or just tackle it myself.

Lovely pics. Curious what are you using as padding on your seat ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
pittycheria_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
I'm not sure why I've never travelled this road; while not a very long loop at 13-14 miles, it is curvy and scenic. The Washougal River Road begins in the heart of Washougal, WA, just east of Camas. I live on the other side of the Columbia in Gresham, OR. If there were a bridge across the river at that point, I'd be 20 minutes away...as it is, I "have to" ride along Marine Drive to hiway 205, cross the Columbia, then backtrack east to Camas and then Washougal to begin the loop. Just a few miles north of Washougal...

8f1cb791577910a0223b4bff1d32d53d.jpg


Low 50 degrees. Not very much traffic at 10am on a Saturday morning.

Vernon bridge
e6cf5585f071b5e2cc707b36bb14ec46.jpg


Lots of good swimming holes for summer time coming soon
48aea00797397e072c95b36db11f5c0e.jpg


63a484359a6f1daf65b1082822fd5748.jpg


658a696f9c61acaad30f4dda59bc191e.jpg


There's some hiking spots that I'll have to check out at a later date, today was just for fun riding. I do a hiway 84 to Bridge of the Gods to hiway 14 on the WA side, then back to 84 either in Vancouver or in Hood River. But I've never made the time to do smaller loops branching off 14. With rains coming back to OR tomorrow, and only a 2 hr riding window this morning, this was a good outing.

Back to hiway 14 along the N shore of the Columbia. Those specks on the river are fishing boats.
8fe5c09b86a18ef049b303917fb687a0.jpg


Starting to feel right at home on the CB1100. This '17 is a smoother ride than my '14 standard...I didn't think I'd notice, but it's palatable, and I'm not usually one to notice.

Soon, I'll have to think about the 600 mile service. There are 3 Honda dealers within 30-50 minutes of where I live, but I didn't buy the bike locally. I'm not sure yet if I'll have a dealership do the job, or just tackle it myself.

Lovely pics. Curious what are you using as padding on your seat ?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Haha...two $6 bleacher pads from Dick's Sporting goods, kept in place by two straps. It works. I get a little stiff in the knees / hip joint if I don't use them. New seats cost $300-400...seems like so much money for just trying to gaing an inch and a half.

Thank for the comments, gents, it is a rainy but beautiful area.
 
Beautiful pictures of lovely country, pdedse.
 
Back
Top