Wash me

Thread starter
Peter this past year I averaged 86 miles a day. Most miles in one day last year was 698 miles in 12 hours on the CB. Lowest was 11 miles on the ST. Probably average a little over 100 a day in summer and about 50 a day in the winter

I retired in 2014

Year miles ridden/days ridden/average miles per day

2017 29,105 338 days ave 86 miles per day
2016 25,304 323 days ave 78 mpd
2015 22,033 274 days ave 80 mpd
2014 27,053 241 days ave 112 mpd

Before 2014, when I worked full time, I averaged 11,172 miles per year since I started recording yearly mileages in 2008.

170,525 miles in the last 10 riding seasons for 17,053 miles a year average for last 10 years.

did not keep records from 1965-2008, but commuted by motorcycle to work (in the motorcycle industry) nearly year round for 17 of those years from 1972-1989.

Every mile is a pleasure ;)
 
The ferret_imp said:
Peter this past year I averaged 86 miles a day. Most miles in one day last year was 698 miles in 12 hours on the CB. Lowest was 11 miles on the ST. Probably average a little over 100 a day in summer and about 50 a day in the winter

I retired in 2014

Year miles ridden/days ridden/average miles per day

2017 29,105 338 days ave 86 miles per day
2016 25,304 323 days ave 78 mpd
2015 22,033 274 days ave 80 mpd
2014 27,053 241 days ave 112 mpd

Before 2014, when I worked full time, I averaged 11,172 miles per year since I started recording yearly mileages in 2008.

170,525 miles in the last 10 riding seasons for 17,053 miles a year average for last 10 years.

did not keep records from 1965-2008, but commuted by motorcycle to work (in the motorcycle industry) nearly year round for 17 of those years from 1972-1989.

Every mile is a pleasure ;)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.

Here is the plan for summer....details in summer..it's gonna be a great CB meeting!!

Google Maps adress is estimated only

:excited:

pb
 
Thread starter
You are going to be in Columbus, Ohio? Cool. If I'm not out of town I will ride up and buy your lunch.
 
The ferret_imp said:
You are going to be in Columbus, Ohio? Cool. If I'm not out of town I will ride up and buy your lunch.
No, I am not...sorry for misunderstanding..
I was thinking of hosting CB meeting in Niagara Falls-CDN and thought it would be a great pleasure to have Ferret/moderator with us.
I chose Columbus just to calculate the distance, knowing you are from Ohio..if is too far for you, we may think about different location...it's only a plan at this stage
:D
pb
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Or...your Niagara Falls-CDN CBers could trek down to Kentucky in June for the Rally.
I cannot plan any month yet, due to my pending knee replacement...
and Ferret, as a moderator, has to see/visit CDN CBers...... we may have him present during both meetings, why not?? :banana::beerchug:

smell lots of:biker::biker::biker::biker::biker::biker: this season

pb
 
Thread starter
Right now the only month I don't have any rides planned is August ( oh and February and November/ December) but that could change as soon as a riding buddy says hey ... You want to ride to xxxxxxx sometime ? And I'll say.. How about August? Lol
 
Good luck with the knee replacement. Been trying to get The Ferret to ride up to Northern Illinois/Southern Wisconsin for goin' on nearly 3 years. LOL Canada is prettier, though, so you may have better luck.
 
Thread starter
And I have been meaning too. Hey, how about August? Lol
 
::((
I cannot plan any month yet, due to my pending knee replacement...
August = scheduled visit to Australia, which may be cancelled due to line above...
Sorry, no concrete plans for me in 2018 season..spontaneous and last minute only:(

pb
 
Thread starter
Yes I was replying to you lol
 
As long as it's just good old dirt and not road salt/brine you should be ok. Salt/brine eats exposed steel, chrome and aluminum pretty badly.
 
My hat is off to some of you. I live in Michigan but am to lazy to ride in the winter. I also try not to ride in the rain. I suppose my bikes are more to clean than to ride....particularly in the winter!
 
I don't ride in the muck anymore. Used to. But I had to make sure I washed every nook and cranny afterwards, which when you're retired and can wake up whenever isn't hard to do :-) ...someday!
 
Thread starter
I plan on washing it Friday. It's supposed to get into the upper 50's
 
Saturday for me. Should be 75F and sunny.

I have been traveling a lot over the last few months and my CB11 is embarassingly dirty. I haven't given it a wash since I brought it back from Idaho last fall. There is still evidence of our off-pavement treks from the Rally back in August. :blush: I managed to find time to do all of the maintenance, but the bath kept getting put off.
 
Thread starter
TA DAAAAAA

858ab1fa16f61c32876de2178e0ce914.jpg


She got a bath today :thumbsup:
 
Back
Top