***WARNING***All Girls Garage***WARNING

The Spaceman_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
All Girls Garage is a car and motorcycle show on the channel formerly known as "Speed," now brilliantly and unexpectedly renamed "Velocity.". There are three girl stars: Bogie; she's the MaryAnne of the group, has extensive automotive experience, and does a lot of the heavy lifting. Jessie is the rocker, with tats and blue dye in her hair. Christi Lee is the All-American blonde (from Florida) who rides motorcycles on the track.

So what's the problem? At no point during the 5 or 6 shows I've watched have "the girls" made out, removed any clothing, or handled any "power tools" that weren't actual power tools. In fact, the entire show is basically an infomercial for car and bike products and services. What a gyp.

You've been warned.
 
Tortuga_imp said:
And we have to make do with that fat tosser 'Mike Brewer' and 'Wheeler Dealers'...

You don't know you're born Spacey.

:s
We get Wheeler Dealers on the same channel as All Girls Garage. Aren't we blessed. :excited:
 
c2aaea74f63b22e5aadebe23b1d3396a.jpeg
 
I'm sorry Spaceman, but I have to humbly disagree with this statement, Quote:Bogie; she's the MaryAnne of the group. As a young lad and an early admirer of Mary Ann, I'm afraid 'Bogie' is not in the same food group and would need a HEAVY makeover to even come close to that scrumptious beauty. You sir have insulted my sensibilities. :(


:D:D:D
 
I've seen Jessi on various TV shows for many years. She even did a stint on the Mythbusters for part of a season. I think her background has been as a fabricator and welder. She also holds the woman's land speed record for a 4 wheel car at about 400mph. The show is pretty much just one long ad like a lot of those type shows, but I think both her and Bogie have some skills. Christi Lee does seem to be just a spokes model.
 
Fox bought and detroyed The SPEED channel, now it's FS1. They only have MotoGP coverage now.
Velocity has been around a while and is thankfully picking up some of the slack on the car and bike shows.
I still miss 2 wheeled Tuesdays from when Speed was Speed Vision, way back in the day.
 
Anyone seen "BikerLive" on Discover Channel? Three teams of builders given $15,000 and 5 weeks to build a bike from parts and/or from scratch. Viewers vote the winning team

So far mostly hardtails, springers, no front brakes, no mufflers, spring or metal seat (torture device), HD engines that may or may not run, 6 or 7 ft wheelbase, 2" ground clearance, 18" seat height.

Basically "unsafe at any speed". Yet strangely captivating.
 
Thread starter
Damfino_imp said:
I'm sorry Spaceman, but I have to humbly disagree with this statement, Quote:Bogie; she's the MaryAnne of the group. As a young lad and an early admirer of Mary Ann, I'm afraid 'Bogie' is not in the same food group and would need a HEAVY makeover to even come close to that scrumptious beauty. You sir have insulted my sensibilities. :(


:D:D:D
As a young lad and an early admirer of Mary Ann, I'm afraid 'Bogie' is not in the same food group and would need a HEAVY makeover to even come close to that scrumptious beauty. You sir have insulted my sensibilities. :(


:D:D:D
My sincere apologies, sir. My metaphor was intended to suggest that "Bogie" (what an appropriate moniker) was the less-glamorous brunette among the group. You are absolutely correct. It's a good thing she knows how to fix cars.

Nice shot of Dawn Wells. Wow!
 
Thread starter
Damfino_imp said:
I'm sorry Spaceman, but I have to humbly disagree with this statement, Quote:Bogie; she's the MaryAnne of the group. As a young lad and an early admirer of Mary Ann, I'm afraid 'Bogie' is not in the same food group and would need a HEAVY makeover to even come close to that scrumptious beauty. You sir have insulted my sensibilities. :(


:D:D:D
As a young lad and an early admirer of Mary Ann, I'm afraid 'Bogie' is not in the same food group and would need a HEAVY makeover to even come close to that scrumptious beauty. You sir have insulted my sensibilities. :(


:D:D:D
My sincere apologies, sir. My metaphor was intended to suggest that "Bogie" (what an appropriate moniker) was the less-glamorous brunette among the group. You are absolutely correct. It's a good thing she knows how to fix cars.

Nice shot of Dawn Wells. Wow!
CB4ME_imp said:
Anyone seen "BikerLive" on Discover Channel? Three teams of builders given $15,000 and 5 weeks to build a bike from parts and/or from scratch. Viewers vote the winning team

So far mostly hardtails, springers, no front brakes, no mufflers, spring or metal seat (torture device), HD engines that may or may not run, 6 or 7 ft wheelbase, 2" ground clearance, 18" seat height.

Basically "unsafe at any speed". Yet strangely captivating.
I actually saw my first one this very morning. One team built an idiotic bagger that looked like a Big Wheel (the shop owner was in a crash on a bike just like it right as they started). The second team built a totally predictable bobber that had more engravings than a mint. But the third team built a very cool café-style bike with an XLCH engine, a GSXR front-end, hand-made tank and tail. I'm not sure where the frame came from; I missed the very first part of the show, but the bike really seemed to handle well. And the third team even won, very much to my surprise.
 
I have seen Biker Live now a couple of times and do not think too much of the bikes they build or even the program itself.
There are much better bike builders out there.
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
I have seen Biker Live now a couple of times and do not think too much of the bikes they build or even the program itself.
There are much better bike builders out there.
I kept seeing a commercial for the show that had a little clip of one of the builders crashing his Big Wheel Bagger. I said to myself "Damn, it sure looks like he's going to break his wrist or arm, and probably his hip too."

Apparently, he broke his arm and his hip. I wouldn't wish that on anyone, but geez, you put a 32" wheel on the front of a bike, then slam the thing 1/8" off the ground...it's just not going to handle well.

But I guess they know that. Now.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
Fox bought and detroyed The SPEED channel, now it's FS1. They only have MotoGP coverage now.
Velocity has been around a while and is thankfully picking up some of the slack on the car and bike shows.
I still miss 2 wheeled Tuesdays from when Speed was Speed Vision, way back in the day.
Agreed, I miss Speed.:(
 
[/QUOTE]Agreed, I miss Speed.:(
[/QUOTE]

Agreed, SPEED is nothing but crap and those mindless endless commercials drive me nuts.
If they show anything I want to see I record it so I can zip through those commercials.
 
Agreed, I miss Speed.:(
[/QUOTE]

Agreed, SPEED is nothing but crap and those mindless endless commercials drive me nuts.
If they show anything I want to see I record it so I can zip through those commercials.
[/QUOTE]
Here in Oz, SPEED gives us live Moto3/2/GP and all WSBK. No commercials during race time. No complaints from me. Due to time differences I usually record and avoid sports news bulletins until I watch.

Cheers
And I keep away from any "girl" channels - bad for the ticker! :)
 
Back
Top