vintage sissy bar

Tom_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
There's a Sissy bar luggage rack from a 1979 CB750K available near me. I don't suppose anyone has put one or one like it on a CB1100? From the pics, it looks like it might fit. I think I remember someone did something similar with one from from a VT700 or something similar.
 
Someone did recently do something like that. I believe their mechanic had a few laying around from older bikes and they grabbed one that looked like it would work.

I cannot remember who it was but I think I actually saved the picture of it... yes I did. If anyone know who this gentleman is the. You could ask him
eeba98f2c810d0bb427a2c6b05b1532c.jpg


2014 CB1100
1981 KZ440 LTD
1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Tom_imp said:
There's a Sissy bar luggage rack from a 1979 CB750K available near me. I don't suppose anyone has put one or one like it on a CB1100? From the pics, it looks like it might fit. I think I remember someone did something similar with one from from a VT700 or something similar.
I just mounted this eBay find last night without any issues. Was listed as a 74 CB750. Could be the best $45 bucks I've spent on this scoot, haha.



 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I had this one custom made years ago. I have a motorcycle specific backpack that is designed to slid down over it as well.


7a5f80f59ba82376da08ee37cd8e52ca.jpg

be78e6acfdff527d4619696d0fbb1556.jpg
I like it alot! I also like the idea of just throwing a G.I duffle on a sissy bar instead of messing around with saddle bags

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
I suppose nobody wants to hear this, but these sissy bars pose a serious risk to pilot’s and co’s health in case of a crash or drop. How serious ? very much so !
 
Would you agree that anything added below an imaginary line from
the handle bar to the rear light will change the riders’ risk very little, if
at all, and anything added above that line could make a serious difference,
or would you rather have me explain this ?
 
j3gq_imp said:
I suppose nobody wants to hear this, but these sissy bars pose a serious risk to pilot’s and co’s health in case of a crash or drop. How serious ? very much so !
... (dang). There goes the flip-over crash bar theory.
 
Interesting data chart. Note that the modified exhaust was the mod present on the highest percentage of bikes which crashed.
 
Back
Top