Vin numbers

rayder10_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
Hi All,

New to the site, I just paid for my new CB1100 and picking it up tomorrow in Harrisonburg VA. Quick question if anyone know the answer to.

I was negotiating between two dealers and one had the model as CB1100 A and the other had it listed as CB1100 D?

I decided to go with the Vin ending #000100 with no ABS


Your thoughts please, I am figuring that maybe one has ABS but really not sure.

Thank you,

Rayder10

2013 CB1100
2011 Ural Solo
 
rayder10_imp said:
Hi All,

New to the site, I just paid for my new CB1100 and picking it up tomorrow in Harrisonburg VA. Quick question if anyone know the answer to.

I was negotiating between two dealers and one had the model as CB1100 A and the other had it listed as CB1100 D?

I decided to go with the Vin ending #000100 with no ABS


Your thoughts please, I am figuring that maybe one has ABS but really not sure.

Thank you,

Rayder10

2013 CB1100
2011 Ural Solo
My understanding is the "A" designation means ABS but the price is a grand more, of course.
 
If your bike has a sensor ring (and sensor) on the front right brake rotor, then it's an ABS model. All of the bikes have the sensor ring on the rear tire--just the non-ABS bikes don't have a sensor reading that ring.
 
thumper_imp said:
If your bike has a sensor ring (and sensor) on the front right brake rotor, then it's an ABS model. All of the bikes have the sensor ring on the rear tire--just the non-ABS bikes don't have a sensor reading that ring.
For non abs the sensor which reads the rear wheel ring is for road speed and feeds the speedometer.
 
Deanohh_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
If your bike has a sensor ring (and sensor) on the front right brake rotor, then it's an ABS model. All of the bikes have the sensor ring on the rear tire--just the non-ABS bikes don't have a sensor reading that ring.
For non abs the sensor which reads the rear wheel ring is for road speed and feeds the speedometer.
Ah, didn't know that. Mine has a sensor underneath the rear brake caliper that looks just like the one on the front of the bike. Figured it was a money saving issue for Honda to just use the same rear disk/sensor.
Deanohh_imp said:
thumper_imp said:
If your bike has a sensor ring (and sensor) on the front right brake rotor, then it's an ABS model. All of the bikes have the sensor ring on the rear tire--just the non-ABS bikes don't have a sensor reading that ring.
For non abs the sensor which reads the rear wheel ring is for road speed and feeds the speedometer.
Ah, didn't know that. Mine has a sensor underneath the rear brake caliper that looks just like the one on the front of the bike. Figured it was a money saving issue for Honda to just use the same rear disk/sensor.
 
Back
Top