Viewing Pictures: UK Users

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
Recently joined member, Nick Tatlow from the UK, reported receipt of a message telling him he couldn't view certain images from his location.

Nick Tatlow said:
I've noted that where some (but not all) images should appear I have a "Content not viewable in your region" banner. I'm in UK. Anyone know what that's about?

I've done a little research. Apparently Imgur has geoblocked the UK in response to the UK's Online Safety Act coming into full force. See this article, but search with your favourite engine and there'll be plenty more information.

The take out is that Nick, and other UK-based users of this site, may have problems viewing those pictures on the forum that are posted by means of a link to Imgur. If that doesn't make sense, see max's work on using Imgur. And please note that this is a preferred way of posting photos as quality images use storage space and it saves the forum owner have continually fork out more of his hard earned to pay for it,

The problem cannot be rectified by the forum; it's a problem created by Imgur's response to the law in the United Kingdom.
 
Thread starter
How did you send them, 1973cb750? Doesn't look to me like you can attach pictures using the forum software. If you used Imgur links they'd be blocked, I reckon.
 
Thread starter
That means you do something like:

Code:
[IMG]https://i.imgur.com/I4NTpY8.jpg[/IMG]

The problem is that, when Nick Tatlow's browser/phone/tablet sees that code, it makes a call to imgur to display the image, imgur works out he's in the UK and refuses to display the it.

The only ways around it are for Nick to use a VPN or for you to send him an email (outside the forum) and insert the pictures into that.
 
Cormanus said:
Recently joined member, Nick Tatlow from the UK, reported receipt of a message telling him he couldn't view certain images from his location.

Nick Tatlow said:
I've noted that where some (but not all) images should appear I have a "Content not viewable in your region" banner. I'm in UK. Anyone know what that's about?

I've done a little research. Apparently Imgur has geoblocked the UK in response to the UK's Online Safety Act coming into full force. See this article, but search with your favourite engine and there'll be plenty more information.

The take out is that Nick, and other UK-based users of this site, may have problems viewing those pictures on the forum that are posted by means of a link to Imgur. If that doesn't make sense, see max's work on using Imgur. And please note that this is a preferred way of posting photos as quality images use storage space and it saves the forum owner have continually fork out more of his hard earned to pay for it,

The problem cannot be rectified by the forum; it's a problem created by Imgur's response to the law in the United Kingdom.

Thanks, I appreciate the effort gone into identifying the issue. I've posted some images by just dragging and dropping from my MS pictures folder. Does doing this cause a problem for the forum? If so, I'll stop.
 
Yea I still have intermittent problems with seeing photos on the forum. I've stopped trying to fix it lol.
Tried different browsers, cleared caches, made sure everything is up to date but still certain people's photos do not appear.
I can see my photos that I add, and consistently can see Gone's and perkings. Otherwise, everyone else's appear like this.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-02-12 075328.webp
    Screenshot 2026-02-12 075328.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 50
Thread starter
Can you see other pictures in that post?
 
Thread starter
Can you see an image in this post? If not, can you click on this URL and tell me what happens?
Kp1pWBM.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot 2026-02-13 075550.webp
    Screenshot 2026-02-13 075550.webp
    15.8 KB · Views: 60
Thread starter
MagnaRider, we're about at the end of my competence here. I suspect the problem is your end, given the pictures display for others. You could see whether anything in this article helps, ERR_HTTP2_PROTOCOL_ERROR: What it Is & How to Fix It

Or we could hope someone with serious IT knowledge comes along.

Sorry I can't help more.
 
MagnaRider, it appears that your workstation is having problems resolving to Imgur. If you are using a VPN, I recommend that you disable it, clear your browser cache, and try to see if the picture renders properly on your device. We can see the picture in the CB1100Forum and using the link you posted. Imgur will on occasion block devices that are using a VPN because it suspects that an end user is trying to hide its origin, a common technique used by bad actors.

There have also been reported instances when an entire country can be blocked by Imgur because a serious cyber attack is aimed at Imgur and the people who use its service. Please let me know if any of this scenarios apply to your specific situation. David
 
I also believe that the issue is on my end since I usually access this from my work computer which does have a VPN.
Thanks for the help though, still doesn't keep me away from the forum
 
We are delighted you are a member. Your posts are great, and we ask that you continue to take a break every now and then to share something from the Mother Country! Cheers, David
 
Back
Top