VFR 1200

A VFR 800 Crosstour with a " SHAFT drive and HYDRAULIC VALVES" would be on my "buy immediately" list
 
I am very fond of the looks of the red VFR, but not the all black one (it's OK, I'm partial to the red and silver scheme). Style wise I think it has a lot going for it; but it appears to be a design that you either love or hate. My main beef: the font on instrument cluster and the cluster in general. I'm old school I guess and want dual analog gauges.
 
Funny, I thought the new VFR800 was one of the most beautiful bikes I'd ever seen. Practically ran down to the dealership they day they got one in...and was then destroyed to find out I couldn't fold myself up onto one. Not at all comfortable for me at this age. Sigh.
 
I like the new VFR800. If it had come out in 2013, it's likely that I wouldn't have purchased the CB1100. I'm glad that the timing worked out the way it did, though. :)
 
discussion was about the looks (and other aspects) of the VFR1200F, not the VFR800.

The VFR800 from'14
5b71d35893d836fdfbe59e2ddd59afd1.png

01c385f1882795f2316c7e795cc63d6b.jpg



The VFR1200F, a striking bike imo, with and without panniers:

4477499665522e5ae4692a1c91cb2cfa.jpg

4d1e9ff0596cecfbe79bd6cd2b3b45a6.jpg



7238b7e01de1e543364612ef3a1f0278.jpg

a9076ef842855f8f4066cf80250de8bb.jpg

 
Almost bought the 1200, too, but I liked the CB1100 better and it was cheaper. Only brought up the 800 because someone else did and I really like the looks of the 800 a lot and it suited my riding style and abilities at that time. If all 3 had been available in 2013, I'd have ranked them Interceptor, CB1100, VFR1200. As I said, I'm glad I didn't have to make that choice and that my CB1100 is parked in my garage. :) (footnote: my previous bike was a Red/Silver CBR250r, so I clearly like the VFR1200's looks)
 
It's a bit like the 2008 CBR1000RR. Most people hated the looks, and I thought it was one of the best looking sports bikes ever. Still do actually...

81d3bbfc2d688053268409ff395de18e.jpg
 
Rboe_imp said:
I am very fond of the looks of the red VFR, but not the all black one (it's OK, I'm partial to the red and silver scheme). Style wise I think it has a lot going for it; but it appears to be a design that you either love or hate. My main beef: the font on instrument cluster and the cluster in general. I'm old school I guess and want dual analog gauges.
+1

Me too. And silver wheels (not black).

Lots of bikes have neither.
 
Back
Top