Veterans Day

Thank you to all the CB1100 Armed Forces Veterans, thank you for your service :thanks:
 
Those that are still serving are not Veterans. Let them finish their commitment before they claim the day.

Just like every year when people come up to me on Memorial day and thank me for my service- I tell them this day is not for me, it is for those that died.
 
As a German, I'd like to wish all of you veterans a happy veterans day.

Thank you for freeing us from Nazi dictatorship, protecting us during cold war and helping us, to develop to a free and responsible country.
 
The 11th of November became known as Armistice Day – a day to remember those who died in World War One.

After World War Two, Armistice Day was renamed Remembrance Day to commemorate those who were killed in both World Wars.

In 1954 the USA changed the name of the day in that country to Veterans Day.

We do not have a public holiday but do still observe a minutes silence at 11 am, radio stations and TV networks usually broadcast a commemorative item encompassing a period of silence and reflection in remembrance.


regards
 
Thanks to all who have discharged an enormous obligation so that the rest of us can enjoy our rights.
 
It was an honor to serve and I would gladly do it again. My father and his brothers served in WW2, I served. We were all citizen soldiers who returned to civilian life after our commitments. I think all should serve. I hope my son serves.

It was an honor. The true heroes did not come home. Thanks for the kind words.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
For me, twenty six years Naval service; 9 active, 17 ready reserve. Retired 1995 as an E-8 Senior Chief Petty Officer.

Thanks to all present and former members for their distinguished service.
 
Thank you for your service and sacrifice. My wife and I visited Mt. Soledad Veterans Memorial in La Jolla today. A large ceremony had just ended when we arrived. The walls of the memorial are lined with black and white plaques bearing the photos and bios of men and women who have served our country from as early as the Revolutionary War to present day conflicts. It includes all ranks, all races, and all religions. It has amazing views overlooking the Pacific and most of San Diego.



[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/7F8B7844-1C9A-4E28-8FED-DD7E17C4C76B.jpg.html]

[url=http://s51.photobucket.com/user/jamesfontaine/media/91D8BFBF-9290-4B1F-BCDE-65CD8693C842.jpg.html]
 
I took this pic last year on Veterans Day as I was doing a solo drive through three states. We stopped here this Friday on our 2-day ride to Alpine, Wyoming from northern Utah. I wanted to show my daughter and her boyfriend (2 twenty something year olds) the high cost for freedom some families paid so they could enjoy the life they currently have. The picture doesn't show the dates of birth and death but Pvt. Van Noy was 19 when he made the ultimate sacrifice. Except for the clouds the pic would be the same...the Stars and Stripes were once again flying in a wind out of the south west.

2e9c3122c6c9e214b5c3988edc9e444f.jpg
 
Back
Top