Versys 650

CB Cycles_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Picked this up last summer...... Great bike for the money, not a looker like the CB though....
Yosh silencer
Oversize hand guards
Puig tinted screen
Givi mono key bags
Vertura rack with a generic trunk
Aprilla mirrors
Corbin seat
Front fender extender
Rear tire hugger
Kawasaki tank bag
Was changing the oil and was bored while it was draining....
 
Those that own them speak highly of them. I have a buddy that has owned 3 of them.
 
Looks like the bike of a bloke who likes to get around. On his bike. Or her bike.
 
The first couple times I looked at the picture I thought the gray garbage receptacle was attached as part of the bike. Maybe my missus is right, I should get my eyes checked!
 
Great looking bike :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Lots of good reviews by owners.

What made me smile was the paddock stands (just like mine) the drain pan (just like mine) and the kneeling pad (just like mine) :D :D

Obviously, we know what works for us :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Congratulations on your new bike !!!

The green ones are quite popular, in some circles....
.
.
be8e438ecf49d72bd9cff8d00bb5ab0c.jpg

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
047dd3f9f69e69e2ab77d70cc9572bec.jpg

2cc5912c01c7d41c95e7d4dac75486c4.jpg
 
Blockhead_imp said:
The first couple times I looked at the picture I thought the gray garbage receptacle was attached as part of the bike. Maybe my missus is right, I should get my eyes checked!
Don't worry, I thought the funnel was a funny looking muffler myself.
The Versys, Vstrom, and Tenere are great all-around bikes. My basic opinion is that these ADV bikes are the new Japanese Standard Motorcycle for this decade. I'd like to look at the new Africa Twin, but I'd probably have to sell something first.

that Green really makes it POP!
 
Loved my Versys, 28,000 miles in less than three years. Several tires, one chain, two sprockets was it.

Near Hyder, Alaska

791c4cbdf4c880bc75cf72912496b9de.jpg


Hy 31 between Kaslo and New Denver, BC

082927b271574e53de85122fe66de500.jpg
 
Great pics ole. HOw's the knee?
 
The ferret_imp said:
Great pics ole. HOw's the knee?
It getting better. I walk 4 and a half miles a day it seems to help.
And by the way, Hy 31A between New Denver and Kaslo BC is better than the dragon but don't tell anybody. shhhhhhh

it is a 31 mile gem I have not ridden anything better
 
Good deal... Don't know how to drink all that Wisconsin beer and walk at all lol.

And mums the word on Hwy 31A. Our secret!
 
I've had 6 of them, all 2008 models...thought the 1st gen red was their best effort. Wanted another adventure bike a year ago and went with the 2016 VStrom 650, in red of course :)
 
This is my second Versys. Even owned the 1000 cc Versys for a year - but prefer the 650. Don't even know why.

We also have a GL1800 Gold Wing, so size isn't the issue.
 
Just curious, Did any of you Versys owners do a comparison with the V-Strom? A few years ago a Kawasaki/Suzuki dealer tried to sell me a V-Strom; he said he has had both bikes and like the V-Strom better. I've never ridden either of them but they are sharp looking...
 
Blockhead_imp said:
Just curious, Did any of you Versys owners do a comparison with the V-Strom? A few years ago a Kawasaki/Suzuki dealer tried to sell me a V-Strom; he said he has had both bikes and like the V-Strom better. I've never ridden either of them but they are sharp looking...
Yes. The Versys seemed to have the same power, but it feels much lighter (and a fuzz shorter). Also, side cases mount much much closer on the Versys because the exhaust is tucked under.

The WeeStrom (for me) was better on the interstate.

I must admit that (in my area), I paid $2,000 less for the Versys, so THAT made my decision for me.

There's more, but it's boring.

:D
 
I have ridden both. Both are tall for me. The last Versys I rode ( I have ridden 3 different years) a lowered 2016 was pretty nice. The best year IMO. The earlier iteration of that model I rode seemed like it vibrated a lot more and was " clunkier" sounding. The V Stroms I have ridden, ( ridden 2 different years of those) the last also a 2016 owned by one nephew have all been nice bikes, powerwise I suppose, just running about 1k higher than I am used to. I also enjoyed my other nephews NC700x but again too tall for me. Dang stubby legs.

The way I ride, probably the NC700 would be the best bike for me of the 3. If I were more aggresive I would probably pick the SV. I would place the Versys between those two. If Yamaha brought in the FJ-07 from Europe that would also be a contender for a middle weight ride, although I really didn't care for the two FZ-07s I have ridden, mainly due to vibrations that others don't seem to feel. I've also ridden an 09 BMW 800 GS that I thought was a pretty nice bike but man they are pricey.

I'm headed down to look at an NT 700 for grins in a few minutes.
 
Back
Top