Valencia MotoGP *** Spoiler Alert***

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
Last race of the season... Marquez is Champ but race for 2nd between Lorenzo and Rossi and 4th is up for grabs

Ch 620 BeIN sports for those without the MotoGP streaming package

Qualifying ...Sat 8:30-10 am
Replayed.... Sat 10 pm- 12 am

Race broadcast. ... Sun. 5 am- 9am ( premier class " probably 8-9 am)
Replayed ..... Sun 4:30-5:30 pm
 
KTM to debut (Mika Kallio in 22nd in FP2, 3 seconds off leader)


FP2:

1 LORENZO 1'30.463
2 MARQUEZ 1'30.710
3 VIÑALES 1'30.775
4 P ESPARGARO 1'31.000
5 DOVIZIOSO 1'31.066
6 A ESPARGARO 1'31.186
7 IANNONE 1'31.189
8 ROSSI 1'31.257
9 PETRUCCI 1'31.295
10 PEDROSA 1'31.358
 
Thread starter
Hey Pedrosa is back. Watching qualifying in the morning!
 
Thread starter
Looks like he qualified 8 th.

Lorenzo looked like he was trying to show Yamaha what they will be missing next year with a blistering new record lap for pole position.

MArquez qualified 2 nd just off Lorenzos pace

ROssi filled out the last spot on the front row.
 
With little to lose, Lorenzo may be unstoppable.

First 4 Rows

1 LORENZO 1'29.401 (lap record)
2 MARQUEZ 1'29.741 0.340
3 ROSSI 1'30.128 0.727

4 VIÑALES 1'30.276 0.875
5 DOVIZIOSO 1'30.338 0.937
6 P ESPARGARO 1'30.392 0.991

7 IANNONE 1'340 1.019
8 PEDROSA 1'349 1.173
9 A ESPARGARO 1'30.885 1.484

10 SMITH 1'30.949 1.548
11 CRUTCHLOW 1'31.030 1.629
12 PETRUCCI 1'31.203 1.802

22 KTM (Kallio) 1'32.091
 
CB4ME_imp said:
With little to lose, Lorenzo may be unstoppable.

First 4 Rows

1 LORENZO 1'29.401 (lap record)
2 MARQUEZ 1'29.741 0.340
3 ROSSI 1'30.128 0.727

4 VIÑALES 1'30.276 0.875
5 DOVIZIOSO 1'30.338 0.937
6 P ESPARGARO 1'30.392 0.991

7 IANNONE 1'340 1.019
8 PEDROSA 1'349 1.173
9 A ESPARGARO 1'30.885 1.484

10 SMITH 1'30.949 1.548
11 CRUTCHLOW 1'31.030 1.629
12 PETRUCCI 1'31.203 1.802

22 KTM (Kallio) 1'32.091
It's a long race and Lorenzo used full soft compound front/rear, not the tires he'll be on tomorrow. Any of the guys in the top six could win it. If Marquez can keep from throwing the bike down the road and is not cold-cocked by Iannone (y'all see Marc run Iannone off the track and basically flip him the bird?) he's got the setup to run in on the brakes and get loose to pass. Qualifying ain't racing, it's only about ensuring grid position. Sometimes a record gets broken but the top three were all right on top of the previous record, a cluster.

Rossi needed to be on the front row so he rode just fast enough to get there. Gonna be a long race.:D
 
I noted Jorge Lorenzo is running a noticeably thicker knee slider on the left knee. I wondered why, but in a couple of minutes the announcer stated there were more left turns than right at Valencia.

I was just shopping for knee sliders as I noticed the guys are now most all of them running a thicker slider than what you get on an off-the-shelf race suit. Found some 2" thick; that lets you keep more of your butt on the seat while still being able to feel for lean angle.

That's a new development, used to be we hung WAY off, just hooking the leg over the seat. Now the style is to keep more of the body on the seat (just the one cheek) and move the upper body well off the bike.

Here's the first racer I ever saw do that; this is in 2000.
[attachment=5593]
This is a girl, by the way. Won three championships that year.

I will never touch an elbow and don't know anyone doing track days who has or can, it's an extremely advanced technique and also requires a lot of grip from the tires and very good chassis setup as well as super-smooth riding. Lorenzo is the best at that.
Good grief, Mika Kallio had a daughter yesterday! Well, his wife had her but that's got to be distracting.

Maybe we'll see HER out on the track in a few years.

BTW I heard there was a "Doctor" at the track, I wonder if he was involved in the delivery.

Nah, no way.
 
Well, Lorenzo just managed to squeak out that victory. If he had not gotten a great start, and Marquez had not been held up for so long by the others, he'd have not won the race. Marquez' choice of the hard front was a very good one. One more lap and Marquez would have passed Lorenzo, he nearly did so on the last lap as it was. Amazing to think that they finished within a second of one another and at one point Lorenzo was five seconds ahead of Marquez.

The start was key and he managed it.
 
Thread starter
Great race for second. MOtoGP is in good hands with the current crop of kids..Iannone, Vinales, the Espargaros,
 
Congrats to Brad Binder (22nd to 1st) for a stunning end to his Moto3 season and to Zarco for finishing the same way. I'd like to see his boot. He was smoking it with regularity.

Marquez 6th to 2nd was a great ride. Ianone and Rossi put on a great show.

2017 testing 8 to 11am BeIn Sports on Tuesday.
 
Thread starter
2017 testing 8 to 11am BeIn Sports on Tuesday.

cool, thanks for the tip CB. Trust you are now able to view it.
 
The ferret_imp said:
2017 testing 8 to 11am BeIn Sports on Tuesday.

cool, thanks for the tip CB. Trust you are now able to view it.
I had about 20 races recorded and nearly suffered racing overload when my TV was moved.

Now a long wait until March 26.:(
 
Thread starter
just had to watch em all at once eh? :rofl:

Yep March is forever from now it seems :(
 
Just got an email from Dorna, they renewed my videopass automagically. I am sure I unchecked that option and wasn't even sure my payment method was still valid, but it was, so I'm all in for watching all the testing. Comes free with multiscreen this time. I think it was about 100 Euros which is about $108.
 
Thread starter
I dont like auto renewals lol, but in this case its worthwhile
 
Yep I got mine.

So what were the best racing years or races, since one can view the old races?

Sounds like a worthy Christmas activity


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Elipten_imp said:
Yep I got mine.

So what were the best racing years or races, since one can view the old races?

Sounds like a worthy Christmas activity


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I always liked the Spencer/Roberts/Rainey/Lawson/Schwantz years, 1983-1992 or so.
 
Back
Top