used cb1100 prices

Really hard to say. I think there was a strong (relative term) initial wave of those of us who had been waiting some time to see if this model would make it to North America and did not wait to buy once it was finally released. Demand naturally drops off after that. I tend agree with others who feel that if the CB1100 is discontinued here in the States in 2015 it will end up becoming much like Kawasaki's W650 or possibly even Honda's own GB500 with demand exceeding supply and prices reflecting as much.
 
I think the prices are normal and reflect what a now two year old bike will fetch, and we are seeing some of the early buyers opting out for whatever reason. Also, the prices range quite a bit, and you are pointing out the ones on the low end of the scale. From your supplied link, I also see asking prices of $7500 as well as $6200.
 
The CB1100 has probably gotten pretty much what it's markets share will get. It's a narrow niche bike, the Griso and R9T has a good following but are more along the line of boutique offerings, and the Bonneville gets the rest here in the US. Of all of them, the Bonneville will continue to be sold purely on the basis that there aren't a gazillion imported on a yearly basis to flood the market and as looks go, they are the retro standard (imo).
I do feel that in a few years after the CB1100 is discontinued here in the US, it will be a sought after motorcycle by aging Gen X and Millennials because of its styling, durability, and longevity.
 
The one in Tifton, is spoken for....

I missed one in va for 5500... The average price for a 2013, is around 7k, some are more, some are less..

With the 2014, with the 6sp and bigger tank can make it more desirable... I would like a 2014, but like saving the extra $
 
About a month or a little more ago we had a discussion about a couple of ebay auctions where a couple of very slightly used '13s sold for $6000 and $6500. Deals are out there for those that are patient.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
About a month or a little more ago we had a discussion about a couple of ebay auctions where a couple of very slightly used '13s sold for $6000 and $6500. Deals are out there for those that are patient.
Alot of those didn't make reserve

CB1100 Forum

I've been bidding searching on a budget....
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
Hondahawkrider_imp said:
Fwiw.. The one in ga, the 2nd one down went, with some extras went for 6k even.. I pick it up after turkey day
So you bought it today?
So you bought it today? Made arrangements on Friday... Deposit goes out tomorrow, I pick it up the weekend after thanksgiving...
 
Thread starter
congratulations Hawkrider! I guess you should change your username now. Are you going to drive down from Maryland to get it? Do you like the black fenders and other mods? It was a good price and with so few miles!!!
 
willsmith_imp said:
congratulations Hawkrider! I guess you should change your username now. Are you going to drive down from Maryland to get it? Do you like the black fenders and other mods? It was a good price and with so few miles!!!
Yea, I have a Kendon 2 rail..gonna ball down and back weekend after turkey day...

I like the black... Looking forward to riding it... Haven't done much on my other bikes,with two small kids... Gonna sell of most of my other bikes (ktm990a, last gen vfr750, beat up xr650l...it'll recoup my cost and allow,for a few mods... I need a fun, but utilitarian low maintenance bike...
 
Back
Top