Ural ... 4 Paws

the Ferret

Road warrior
Thread starter
New Cycle World magazine came yesterday. Cover story, 2 guys rode a Ural Hack non stop 1358 miles in 32 hours from Seattle to Los Angeles

Funny story. Thought you might want to pick one up on the newstand if you don't subscribe.
 
Thanks, I'll have to check it out.
Had the local motorcycle officers, 9 of them from 3 units, checking out the Ural last week. They were just as confused afterwards.
 
It's a well written and light-hearted story, and I especially like the sidebar about transferring gas into the bike while on the move. I guess it works.

I could swear I've seen deer take aim at me with rifles as I've ridden past at 3:30 AM, so I can completely relate to the hallucinations these guys experienced!
 
I take a rather dim view of exploits that claim going for unreasonable length of time without sleep as some kind of "achievement", instead of stupidity at best, self-abuse at worst.
 
Back
Top