Update on the bike

StreetFighter_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
So, I added a few more accessories since the Pipe...











Corbin GunFighter and Lady Saddle $714

Hurricane Crash Bars $96

Puig Raptor Windshield $67

Two Brothers M2 V.A.L.E Carbon Fiber $359

The only thing I didn't install myself were the crash bars because they're on the motor mounts for the frame so, I preferred to have that professionally done.
 
Any better shots of the Puig? I have the plus and would like to see yours better as I have never seen that one.
 
Why was the seat so expensive? I went into Corbin and they customized mine while I waited and it was only about $400.
 
Thread starter
Randy B_imp said:
Why was the seat so expensive? I went into Corbin and they customized mine while I waited and it was only about $400.
I got the $220 backrest for the wife and it had $46 shipping plus tax.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Any better shots of the Puig? I have the plus and would like to see yours better as I have never seen that one.
I haven't taken any but, this is a stock photo of it.

Honestly, the fit is sketchy at best and I'm debating returning it and holding out for the full fairing for the bike. Then I might get my stock seat redone in Cafe Racer styling to match the fairing.

47751e04da037fffd7f6b35550bdcce8.jpg
 
Have you considered either the Dart Marlin or Dart Fly screen?

http://www.dartflyscreens.com

They come in 3 different shades of tiny from light to nearly black (which would look awesome on your bike). I originally ordered a Puig screen and then learned of the Dart Flyscreen before I received the Puig grom Amazon. I ordered the Dart before I even got the Puig and sent the Puig back as soon as I got it. You just confirmed what I had feared, the fit was a bit sketchy. Dart gives you high quality hardware made specific for the CB. It costs a little more, but you get a nice piece of kit as the Britt would say. BTW, these ship from GB, but is plenty fast to fly over the pond.

The Chic Design fairing is nice, but a bit pricier than either of the Dart screens. Either way you go, you're getting something made for your bike and you won't have any sort of compromised fit.
 
It looks like it mounts like the Puig Plus. I like the plus, but I have a Road Comet on order and am waiting for Mr. T to ship it.

Some have mounted the Puigs with the mounting bracket inside the headlight bracket and it looks a LOT better. Mine is mounted like in the pics above.
 
Thread starter
the_undecider_imp said:
Have you considered either the Dart Marlin or Dart Fly screen?

http://www.dartflyscreens.com

They come in 3 different shades of tiny from light to nearly black (which would look awesome on your bike). I originally ordered a Puig screen and then learned of the Dart Flyscreen before I received the Puig grom Amazon. I ordered the Dart before I even got the Puig and sent the Puig back as soon as I got it. You just confirmed what I had feared, the fit was a bit sketchy. Dart gives you high quality hardware made specific for the CB. It costs a little more, but you get a nice piece of kit as the Britt would say. BTW, these ship from GB, but is plenty fast to fly over the pond.

The Chic Design fairing is nice, but a bit pricier than either of the Dart screens. Either way you go, you're getting something made for your bike and you won't have any sort of compromised fit.
Yeah, I considered those but, I wanted to go cheap because I know in a couple of months I will be getting something like the road comet or the aluminum cowl from one of the Japanese sites.

I'll probably either get my stock seat modified or I'll order a Cafe Racer style seat by the end of the year as well.
Lord Popgun_imp said:
It looks like it mounts like the Puig Plus. I like the plus, but I have a Road Comet on order and am waiting for Mr. T to ship it.

Some have mounted the Puigs with the mounting bracket inside the headlight bracket and it looks a LOT better. Mine is mounted like in the pics above.

I tried to mount it like that but, it seemed kind of forced so, I backed it just went with the outside mounting.
 
Where did you get the crash bars?
 
Thanks for the link. I couldn't find them with a google search.
 
Streetfighter you have been busy and it shows. Bike looks great. I love the seat. Will definitely consider that for my DLX. Thanks for posting pictures.
 
Thread starter
kennyw_imp said:
Thanks for the link. I couldn't find them with a google search.
No worries! I liked that they were more traditional and mounted to the frame and not the aluminum engine.
Seabee_imp said:
Streetfighter you have been busy and it shows. Bike looks great. I love the seat. Will definitely consider that for my DLX. Thanks for posting pictures.
Yeah I'm going broke but, honestly there are only a few more mods I want to do.

The seat of okay but, it is kind of stiff so, consider that when you buy it.

I did take it on a 440 mile trip over the holidays and I had to shift quite a bit to make it work comfortably.
 
StreetFighter_imp said:
kennyw_imp said:
Thanks for the link. I couldn't find them with a google search.
No worries! I liked that they were more traditional and mounted to the frame and not the aluminum engine.
Seabee_imp said:
Streetfighter you have been busy and it shows. Bike looks great. I love the seat. Will definitely consider that for my DLX. Thanks for posting pictures.
Yeah I'm going broke but, honestly there are only a few more mods I want to do.

The seat of okay but, it is kind of stiff so, consider that when you buy it.

I did take it on a 440 mile trip over the holidays and I had to shift quite a bit to make it work comfortably.
I've heard it takes a while for your butt to break in with a Corbin lol
 
xNE0x_imp said:
How is the performance of the 2 bro's exhaust? I've heard rumors it robs power.
Dyno Run:

Based upon the YouTube dyno run, it is one of the very few that actually adds meaningful power (9 HP & 5.5 Ft-Lbs). I just couldn't bring myself to disrupt the CBs vintage design with a modern exhaust can, much less carbon fiber. But, for those after that look, it is a winner.
 
DGShannon_imp said:
xNE0x_imp said:
How is the performance of the 2 bro's exhaust? I've heard rumors it robs power.
Dyno Run:

Based upon the YouTube dyno run, it is one of the very few that actually adds meaningful power (9 HP & 5.5 Ft-Lbs). I just couldn't bring myself to disrupt the CBs vintage design with a modern exhaust can, much less carbon fiber. But, for those after that look, it is a winner.
Dyno Run:

Based upon the YouTube dyno run, it is one of the very few that actually adds meaningful power (9 HP & 5.5 Ft-Lbs). I just couldn't bring myself to disrupt the CBs vintage design with a modern exhaust can, much less carbon fiber. But, for those after that look, it is a winner.
There's no way just a slip on adds that much power. Yes, the manufacturer will quote that, but no person will ever see that on an honest dyno run.
 
Like those crash bars. Like the fact that they don't bolt to the engine cases. They remind me of the old BMW Airhead crash bars.
 
DGShannon_imp said:
xNE0x_imp said:
How is the performance of the 2 bro's exhaust? I've heard rumors it robs power.
Dyno Run:

Based upon the YouTube dyno run, it is one of the very few that actually adds meaningful power (9 HP & 5.5 Ft-Lbs). I just couldn't bring myself to disrupt the CBs vintage design with a modern exhaust can, much less carbon fiber. But, for those after that look, it is a winner.
Dyno Run:

Based upon the YouTube dyno run, it is one of the very few that actually adds meaningful power (9 HP & 5.5 Ft-Lbs).
Yea that would be some substantial gains from just a bolt on muffler. Heck, that would be substantial gains from a complete system. I'd be more inclined to believe those numbers if I saw an independent dyno chart verifying that. That video didn't show anything. Basically it was a sound check. No one on this forum has been able to repeat those gains. We have a dyno results thread someplace. Plus 9 hp would put a CB1100 in the 96 hp category.

Found it

Best Dyno HP numbers?
 
The ferret_imp said:
DGShannon_imp said:
xNE0x_imp said:
How is the performance of the 2 bro's exhaust? I've heard rumors it robs power.
Dyno Run:

Based upon the YouTube dyno run, it is one of the very few that actually adds meaningful power (9 HP & 5.5 Ft-Lbs). I just couldn't bring myself to disrupt the CBs vintage design with a modern exhaust can, much less carbon fiber. But, for those after that look, it is a winner.
Dyno Run:

Based upon the YouTube dyno run, it is one of the very few that actually adds meaningful power (9 HP & 5.5 Ft-Lbs).
Yea that would be some substantial gains from just a bolt on muffler. Heck, that would be substantial gains from a complete system. I'd be more inclined to believe those numbers if I saw an independent dyno chart verifying that. That video didn't show anything. Basically it was a sound check. No one on this forum has been able to repeat those gains. We have a dyno results thread someplace. Plus 9 hp would put a CB1100 in the 96 hp category.

Found it

Best Dyno HP numbers?
They showed the dyno run chart. But, I am not inclined to believe it.
 
Back
Top