Unusual rig seen in FL

Lunchbag

Running like a top
Thread starter
While vacationing in sunny FL last week (before returning to 10 deg F MD Saturday) I saw this rig while heading into Daytona Beach.  The funny part is, I saw him again 2+ hrs later after leaving town, and he had a cartop carrier somehow attached to the platform, oriented vertically on its side.  I wasn't able to get a photo that time since we passed head-on.  So now I know that flatbed utility sidecars are a thing.
[attachment=1050]
 

Attachments

  • PXL_20260123_143733612.webp
    PXL_20260123_143733612.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 128
Watsonian in the UK do a "Platform Chassis" and they will customise to suit, some great examples here. They will make an extended version for disabled riders who wish to take a mobility scooter too.  :biker: 

[attachment=1053]

[attachment=1054]
 

Attachments

  • Slide1.webp
    Slide1.webp
    139.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Slide2.webp
    Slide2.webp
    164.7 KB · Views: 87
Ah yes, I need a bike to carry my bike!
 
MagnaRider said:
Ah yes, I need a bike to carry my bike!

Here's a BSA single carrying another BSA single (or is it just spare parts?).  Note the mighty single leading shoe half-width hub front brake on the red bike, weak even as a solo ride. Maybe there's an anchor on board.

[attachment=1055]
 

Attachments

  • dad1150_Sidecar%20build_BikeHauler001.webp
    dad1150_Sidecar%20build_BikeHauler001.webp
    249.5 KB · Views: 66
That's very interesting! I noticed our local sidecar rider a few days ago, plying around on his Enfield Interceptor 650 with a sidecar. Not sure what he hauls around with it, but every time I see him, he's got lots of cargo tied or strapped to his rig.
 
That's brilliant Tev. I hope they guarantee to get the sidecar wheel off the road at least once on the way.
 
Is there a US outfit doing it Gone? Maybe a business opportunity.
 
What!? You're walking away from your GP ambitions?
 
Ha Ha!
Might have something in the works along those lines. Not gonna jinx it by saying any more.
 
Back
Top