underwear

crutch_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Ok, I may be the last one coming to this party, I usually am, but I have just discovered polyester/spandex moisture wicking boxer briefs.
A few weeks ago I took a ride up into missouri on a hot July afternoon and by the time I headed back I was in misery. Hot damp and chafing from sweaty cotton underwear. I saw a riders blog on youtube about this kind of underwear and ended up trying them.
BIG difference, huge. Comfortable, wicks moisture away from your skin.
I've tried 3 brands now, personally I like the Jockeys, they have a more comfortable pouch to hold the family jewels.
Anyway, just thought I'd pass it along.

crutch
in northwest arkansas.
 
Yes sir! That is the secret to a happy ride and a happy life. After trying a pair of Ex Officio boxer briefs (6" leg length), I will never wear cotton skivvies again on or off the bike. "Life changing" is not too strong of a term:D
- KvdV
 
The best solution I have found to this problem is a seat pad sold by cyclegear. Very thin nylon mesh and virtually unnoticeable when riding but,
allows a little air between your seat and your rear end. Comes in four sizes and when on sale is only $10 to $15.
 
I can't believe we're on a motorcycle forum and talking about choice in underwear! Really guys?

(Any links to where you bought yours? I've looked at some by Mack Weldon but, geez, pretty costly. I think they're anti-microbial in addition to moisture wicking.)
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I can't believe we're on a motorcycle forum and talking about choice in underwear! Really guys?

(Any links to where you bought yours? I've looked at some by Mack Weldon but, geez, pretty costly. I think they're anti-microbial in addition to moisture wicking.)
Really, when you think about it, could there be anything more relevant? :) Here's a link. They appear to be spendy at first glance, but once you try them you'd be prepared to pay twice the price. At least, that's how I feel about it!
 
Under Armour Boxer Briefs for me. I also purchased a pair of Motoskiveez ("Adventure" style...yes, that's what they're called) Moto-Skiveez | Redefining Riding Comfort With Technical Base Layers . They're like bicycle shorts, but made for motorcyclists. I like them just fine, but I have not noticed a huge comfort difference between them and my Under Armour.

My full review of the Motoskiveez will come sometime in late October after my group's big ride to Virginia.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Under Armour Boxer Briefs for me. I also purchased a pair of Motoskiveez ("Adventure" style...yes, that's what they're called) Moto-Skiveez | Redefining Riding Comfort With Technical Base Layers . They're like bicycle shorts, but made for motorcyclists. I like them just fine, but I have not noticed a huge comfort difference between them and my Under Armour.

My full review of the Motoskiveez will come sometime in late October after my group's big ride to Virginia.
I have Motoskiveez too and quite like them.
They aren't a cure-all or be-all, but do help a lot.
 
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I can't believe we're on a motorcycle forum and talking about choice in underwear! Really guys?

(Any links to where you bought yours? I've looked at some by Mack Weldon but, geez, pretty costly. I think they're anti-microbial in addition to moisture wicking.)
It's even better than that, though, isn't it? Did you notice the handle of the OP?
 
TMI use2b, TMI...
 
Cormanus_imp said:
metallyguitarded_imp said:
I can't believe we're on a motorcycle forum and talking about choice in underwear! Really guys?

(Any links to where you bought yours? I've looked at some by Mack Weldon but, geez, pretty costly. I think they're anti-microbial in addition to moisture wicking.)
It's even better than that, though, isn't it? Did you notice the handle of the OP?
If he posted a picture of himself in his boxer-briefs, I might.
 
This just gets cheekier!
 
kvdv_imp said:
Yes sir! That is the secret to a happy ride and a happy life. After trying a pair of Ex Officio boxer briefs (6" leg length), I will never wear cotton skivvies again on or off the bike. "Life changing" is not too strong of a term:D
- KvdV

+1 for Ex Officio

I've basically wear nothing but their boxer briefs


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Interesting thread and the most important one given it relates to rider comfort.. I saw none of the posts had any mention about 100% wool undergarments. With advancements in textiles development, brands like Smartwool and Icebreaker have top of the line 100% wool undergarments. Strongly recommend them.
 
Back
Top