Ultimate Cb1100 jacket if I wasn't so hefty...

bigsheep_imp

Been there
Thread starter
https://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-cloth...ew/1302874243?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This is amazing. New old stock hondaline jacket made in Canada in the 70's. It still has a $234 dollar price tag, which is like $1200 of today's dollars. I don't think even at the thinnest I could get and still be healthy I'd be a 38. :(

It's only a few short hours from my house, would be a nice afternoon ride, if it were a 44 I'd already own it.

Thoughts? Ok, maybe "Ultimate" is a bit of hyperbole, but man would that look good on a CB rider.....
 
Nice I used to be that small lol.

I have an original Hondaline one piece textile cold weather riding suit. Held onto it for 40 years, now I'm cleaning out the basement and going to throw it away. Anyone think they can use it? Men's small, silver.
 
Yes, a great deal for someone who can fit in it. As small as its size is, the seller says it is smaller than that really -- so a 36?
 
Thread starter
I think the seller got bigger without realizing it, lol. Happens to the best of us. I remember in college thinking I was still 180 lbs and then getting on the scale for competitive Judo and finding out I was 220.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Nice I used to be that small lol.

I have an original Hondaline one piece textile cold weather riding suit. Held onto it for 40 years, now I'm cleaning out the basement and going to throw it away. Anyone think they can use it? Men's small, silver.
Fit my wife?
 
Maybe 4 paws I would say I was 5'6" weighed about 130 pounds when I wore it, it's a Men's small. I will take a pic and post it up. It was a great suit. Thinulate lined, washable.
 
if it would fit her you are welcome to it. Wish I still fit in it. Great suit.
 
2beaa93b3715671424af6888d414f055.jpg


da1a77c8eb976d779a2ed62888d3644e.jpg
 
Sure lol what percentage of free do you want? As a matter of fact I'm even covering the shipping, so figure out the percentage and send me a check lol
 
Received this jacket from Wilson's leather last week. Wore it for the first time this morning, 45 degrees real feel. It kept me pretty warm. First time I have ever owned a leather jacket. I think I am going to like it.
 
RLS_imp said:
Received this jacket from Wilson's leather last week. Wore it for the first time this morning, 45 degrees real feel. It kept me pretty warm. First time I have ever owned a leather jacket. I think I am going to like it.
I like my leather jacket, but find it cold at anything under 55F. The cold wind finds its way through the zippers at highway speed. I solved the problem by buying a long sleeve down filled vest at Costco to wear under my jacket. It also keeps my neck and small of my back warm. :D

I find my insulated leather gloves get cold after a half day of riding as well. I think the insulation gets damp from the moisture of my hands. Fortunately I keep a pair of suede deer skin insulated gloves in my tail bag and use them in the afternoon.
 
Nortoon_imp said:
RLS_imp said:
Received this jacket from Wilson's leather last week. Wore it for the first time this morning, 45 degrees real feel. It kept me pretty warm. First time I have ever owned a leather jacket. I think I am going to like it.
I like my leather jacket, but find it cold at anything under 55F. The cold wind finds its way through the zippers at highway speed. I solved the problem by buying a long sleeve down filled vest at Costco to wear under my jacket. It also keeps my neck and small of my back warm. :D

I find my insulated leather gloves get cold after a half day of riding as well. I think the insulation gets damp from the moisture of my hands. Fortunately I keep a pair of suede deer skin insulated gloves in my tail bag and use them in the afternoon.
I like my leather jacket, but find it cold at anything under 55F. The cold wind finds its way through the zippers at highway speed. I solved the problem by buying a long sleeve down filled vest at Costco to wear under my jacket. It also keeps my neck and small of my back warm. :D

I find my insulated leather gloves get cold after a half day of riding as well. I think the insulation gets damp from the moisture of my hands. Fortunately I keep a pair of suede deer skin insulated gloves in my tail bag and use them in the afternoon.
Rode again this morning and it was 45F and the jacket kept me warm. Commute is only about 25 minutes. My hands however got cold. I have gloves, but they are not leather. Do you have a brand of leather gloves you prefer?
 
As Nortoon indicates insulated gloves are a crap shoot. Warm and toasty until your hands perspire then the death spiral starts. I bought some thin wool glove liners to help combat that problem. Heated grips work well and so do heated gloves. Hippo hands do excellent.
All of my cold weather riding gloves are gauntlet style to help keep the wind out of my sleeves.
 
4 Paws_imp said:
As Nortoon indicates insulated gloves are a crap shoot. Warm and toasty until your hands perspire then the death spiral starts. I bought some thin wool glove liners to help combat that problem. Heated grips work well and so do heated gloves. Hippo hands do excellent.
All of my cold weather riding gloves are gauntlet style to help keep the wind out of my sleeves.
BTW Paws dropped your box in the mail today. Threw some other stuff in there you may be able to use as well, incl a nice pair of gauntleted winter gloves
 
bigsheep_imp said:
Hey Nortoon, you're pretty close to Athens aren't you?
I am 1 1/4 hour northeast of Athens.
I used Street View on Google Maps to run down Main Street
I don't think I have ever been there.
Quote:Rode again this morning and it was 45F and the jacket kept me warm. Commute is only about 25 minutes. My hands however got cold. I have gloves, but they are not leather. Do you have a brand of leather gloves you prefer?
If you are going to commute in cold weather every day, I would suggest heated gloves. You can check the reviews on places like Revzilla, or ask people here which heated glove they prefer.

I am retired and only ride for pleasure. I do not ride at 45F. My day rides are now down to half a day because of the cold mornings. I plan my start time based on a forecast of 55F or better. Afternoons have to be mid-60s or better.

The only marking on my cold weather gauntlets is Thinsulate. I bought them at a country fall fair for $10. I bought the largest size (XXL) as I know tight leather gloves would be cold. They are only warm for half a day at 55F or better.

During the winter I walk a local nature trail. I have found leather gloves get cold quickly below 30F. I wear insulated suede deerskin gloves. I have no idea why they are warmer than leather. When it gets real cold I wear nylon insulated mittens. Having my fingers grouped keeps them all warmer. If it is bitterly cold I tuck my thumbs in with my fingers.

Someone mentioned Hippo Hands. Ugly but extremely good at keeping gloved hands warm. A motorcycle shop owner and his wife used to ride their Harleys from Ottawa to Daytona Beach in February. February here can be brutally cold and Daytona Beach is 24 driving hours away by car. They both had Hippo hands on the their motorcycles.
 
Back
Top