U-Lock Rubber Band

...now I know why these radars we received do not work...due to ~4" rubber "o" ring missing..:P
 
They would have to have something like that at Loews or Home Depot in the oring section lol
 
You could just use a ranger band from an old inner tube.

Take any old inner tube and cut it into rubber bands. The rubber used in tubes is resistant to sun damage, salt, cracking, heat, anything you can think of.

They have about 1 million uses. I have even cut the inner tubes into rubber washers many many times to use on various projects.

They'll last a lifetime.


If you cut bicycle inner tubes to about 1 inch/half inch they will hold your Tourniquet together neat and clean. They are great to keep on a flashlight for grip/quick mounting to other objects. You can use them to silence something like a zippo lighter in your pocket.


The thinner you cut them the easier/more they will stretch.

So any motorcycle inner tube cut to about half inch should work very well as the band for that U-lock.

I actually keep a ranger band on my keys to keep the house and rotor lock key from rattling/scratching my ignition area on the CB.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
I found I had a picture of the O-Ring and bag of mine. Honda # 50291-MCW-D00 Band B, Tool

Using Google, they show up on ebay, amazon and a bunch of parts houses.

I'll post a pic later.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I found I had a picture of the O-Ring and bag of mine. Honda # 50291-MCW-D00 Band B, Tool

Using Google, they show up on ebay, amazon and a bunch of parts houses.

I'll post a pic later.
Thanks, just ordered 1 from Ebay for 6$. I want to have it on hand and see if I a motorcycle tube cut to a ranger band will be a suitable substitute.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
AU$17.60 is an expensive rubber band.

Compare it with 80123-GN5-900 (the rubber band for the tool kit) at AU$7.45.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
AU$17.60 is an expensive rubber band.

Compare it with 80123-GN5-900 (the rubber band for the tool kit) at AU$7.45.
The price to pay for OEM. They know somebody out there really, really, really wants the real deal. :-/
 
Mine will move if you pull and push it, but NOTHING like yours and there is no noise.

But, the original One-Key lock I have is not exactly like yours. It has a black rubber covering on the U and the hooks or whatever you call then on the end of the legs are different. It could maybe be a tad tighter fitting in the hooks from what I can tell.

I think mine doesn’t move much or want to is because of two thing. Friction of the rubber covering, and tension/friction of the band.
 
To add: I just noticed on my bike there are 2 foam pieces that the legs lay on that provides tension and friction to prevent rattling and sliding. I can’t really find them on the parts fiche. Does your bike have them?
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
To add: I just noticed on my bike there are 2 foam pieces that the legs lay on that provides tension and friction to prevent rattling and sliding. I can’t really find them on the parts fiche. Does your bike have them?
No, not there on my bike. Any chance you can post a pic of them? For the moment I put a tiny self-adhesive felt cabinet door bumper on the cross bar where the U bar touches and it is now secure and silent. The two rubber bands are too stretchy though and don’t exert a lot of downforce on the lock. I ordered an OEM band with that part number, so I guess I will know in a week or so if the problem is resolved.

LakeWylieJoe, does yours shift now that you picked up the OEM band?
 
Maybe 7. But it only shows 1 on the parts list. They are not solid rubber. Feels like a foam to me.
 
Thread starter
Mine doesn't want to move even without the rubber band. I wonder of the lock dimensions are different.

Whoops_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
To add: I just noticed on my bike there are 2 foam pieces that the legs lay on that provides tension and friction to prevent rattling and sliding. I can’t really find them on the parts fiche. Does your bike have them?
No, not there on my bike. Any chance you can post a pic of them? For the moment I put a tiny self-adhesive felt cabinet door bumper on the cross bar where the U bar touches and it is now secure and silent. The two rubber bands are too stretchy though and don’t exert a lot of downforce on the lock. I ordered an OEM band with that part number, so I guess I will know in a week or so if the problem is resolved.

LakeWylieJoe, does yours shift now that you picked up the OEM band?
No, not there on my bike. Any chance you can post a pic of them? For the moment I put a tiny self-adhesive felt cabinet door bumper on the cross bar where the U bar touches and it is now secure and silent. The two rubber bands are too stretchy though and don’t exert a lot of downforce on the lock. I ordered an OEM band with that part number, so I guess I will know in a week or so if the problem is resolved.

LakeWylieJoe, does yours shift now that you picked up the OEM band?
 
LakeWylieJoe_imp said:
Mine doesn't want to move even without the rubber band. I wonder of the lock dimensions are different.

Whoops_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
To add: I just noticed on my bike there are 2 foam pieces that the legs lay on that provides tension and friction to prevent rattling and sliding. I can’t really find them on the parts fiche. Does your bike have them?
No, not there on my bike. Any chance you can post a pic of them? For the moment I put a tiny self-adhesive felt cabinet door bumper on the cross bar where the U bar touches and it is now secure and silent. The two rubber bands are too stretchy though and don’t exert a lot of downforce on the lock. I ordered an OEM band with that part number, so I guess I will know in a week or so if the problem is resolved.

LakeWylieJoe, does yours shift now that you picked up the OEM band?
No, not there on my bike. Any chance you can post a pic of them? For the moment I put a tiny self-adhesive felt cabinet door bumper on the cross bar where the U bar touches and it is now secure and silent. The two rubber bands are too stretchy though and don’t exert a lot of downforce on the lock. I ordered an OEM band with that part number, so I guess I will know in a week or so if the problem is resolved.

LakeWylieJoe, does yours shift now that you picked up the OEM band?
No, not there on my bike. Any chance you can post a pic of them? For the moment I put a tiny self-adhesive felt cabinet door bumper on the cross bar where the U bar touches and it is now secure and silent. The two rubber bands are too stretchy though and don’t exert a lot of downforce on the lock. I ordered an OEM band with that part number, so I guess I will know in a week or so if the problem is resolved.

LakeWylieJoe, does yours shift now that you picked up the OEM band?
The part number definitely matches on the back of the retail packaging. It also has a line item below the part number that reads "Size 95/195". I would imagine that any difference in the size would mandate a distinct part number. Odd.
 
Thread starter
Whoops, it looks like your lock bar isn't sitting the same way mine does. It should be parallel with the cross member of the frame just in front of it. See mine...

 
Joe, if you mean in the pics above-those are mine. The lock bar is rotated wrong so its not parallel. Didn’t care when taking the pics of the foam pieces.
 
Back
Top