U-Lock Rubber Band

LakeWylieJoe_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I finally gave in and ordered the expensive Honda U-Lock from the UK (08M53-MFL-800, not available in the US). My U.S. model 2014 STD didn't come with the rubber band that is supposed the secure the lock parts to the fender and the band for the tool storage compartment is a bit too long, so ordering another one of those will not help.

Does anyone know the Honda part # for the U-Lock rubber band? I can't find it, even in parts diagrams for the Europe and Asia models. Thanks in advance!
 
I have one. I got mine from Samurider. On the invoice there is no part number, just rubber o-ring for holding the Honda one-key lock. It is a separate item as you know.

If I’m reading the invoice correctly, it was 700 Yen in 2013.

Mr T’s email is contact@samurider.com He speaks/reads English so just ask for want you want and he will get back to you.
 
Thread starter
Part # 08M53-MFL-800 fits under the seat very nicely. The loops near the rear of the fender take the two ends of the "U" and the forward end is precisely contoured to take the bar end of the lock.



I'll give Samurider a try. Thanks!
 
And you can see the hook by the labels for the rubber band and just barely see the other 2 hooks in front of the bar for the band. When the band (O-ring) is on it is in a triangle configuration.
 
Keep in mind that if you order a One-key lock it WILL NOT come with the lock cylinder. You have to order the kit separate for your key type, A, or B. Then you have to set it up. We have translated instructions in the help section here.
 
Thread starter
The one I've got comes with 4 working barrel keys. I just dropped one in the under seat storage box for future use. I'm pleased with the fit and quality of the item.
 
Does anyone have the dimensions of the honda one? I might try to source an aftermarket that is the same size and fits in the storage space for it.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Rat farts... Samurider is asking ME for the part number. I can't find it on any parts drawing from any country from 2010 onwards.
 
Did you ask Mr. T or just try to order it? You need to email them and ask Mr. T directly. contact@samurider.com

Mkv, as you can see in the pics, mine is not a circle anymore, but after I made it one:

OD: 3 5/8” or 91mm. The thickness is 1/4” or 6mm as best I could measure.
 
Surely a hardware store would have some kind of rubber band that could be made to hold it down. Does it even need one? Where is it going to go?
 
The band keeps things from rattling.
 
So stick a rag under it, or some foam lol.
 
Or any 3 or 4 inch O-ring. Remember before I got mine I used an O-ring from a radar waveguide section. OK, for you techs its really rigid coax. That O-ring is ~4” dia and 1/8” thick.
 
Back
Top