Tyre choice (UK)

Davidjill

First service completed
Thread starter
Okay, so the bike had original Dunlops on when I bought it last year, tyres were hard and aged, but not badly worn.
Changed to Bridgestone T32; however, the front has worn badly, and 12 months and 6,500 miles later, I need to replace it. 

In the UK, these were all I could find for 18" wheels, price is for a pair without fitting, etc. All are stock Front 110/80 Rear 140/70 except Pirelli Angel GT where rear is 160/60

 
BridgestoneT31£217.00
MetzlerZ8 Interact£225.00
Dunlop TT100£227.00
BridgestoneT32£244.00
PirelliSport Demon£251.00
BridgestoneBT 46£257.00
PirelliAngel GT£262.00
Dunlop Arrowmax GT601£270.02
Dunlop Roadsmart III£280.00
Dunlop Roadsmart IV£292.00
Dunlop D205F Honda£302.00

Any thoughts, recommendations, dislikes, etc?

Thanks  :)
 
I went to scrambler tires for performance when off pavement.

Scrambler tires

I was happy with the Pirellis, but now that I know Metzler and Pirellis are now owned by China, I would source another brand.

New to the forum

Will the new forum recover photos from the old?
 
DavidJill, I've been happy with the Pirelli Angel GTs. I know one member who is is enjoying the Dunlop Roadsmart IVs.

I've also used Pirelli Sport Demons, which are a cross-ply tyre, and been happy with them.

The Doc's links to one post on this forum:

The CB1100 Community Forum

The other has not be ported.

SportsterDoc, I'm not sure about photos coming over. It might depend on how they were posted on the original forum. If they were uploaded, maybe not; f they are linked from a hosting service they should be available, although, having said that, maybe some of the linking information was corrupted during the transition. If you need help with particular pictures, let me know.
 
Back
Top