Turn Signal Malfunction

billyfinchapel_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Anyone have an issue with turn signal burning through fuses? I noticed over the weekend my turn signals weren't working. Bulbs are fine, fuse was blown. Replaced the fuse, took it for a ride, signals worked a few times then stopped again. Another blown fuse. I suspect a short somewhere.

2014 - 12k miles.

Thanks for any insight.
 
Have you done any modifications to the bike? Different turn signals, led lights, wiring for a phone or GPS or anything electrical?
 
Hey billyfindchapel - welcome to the Forum!

I would agree with your initial assessment: Sounds like a marginal short somewhere in the associated circuit.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Have you done any modifications to the bike? Different turn signals, led lights, wiring for a phone or GPS or anything electrical?
No modifications affecting wiring. Installed engine guard bars and a rack mounted on the rear behind the seat.
 
I know it's highly unlikely, but you didn't pinch a wire while you were installing the rack?
 
Thread starter
Cormanus_imp said:
I know it's highly unlikely, but you didn't pinch a wire while you were installing the rack?
Not a chance. I ride a lot, and the past couple weeks I've been riding 100 miles daily, 40 miles which is on some roads which cause a bit of a vibration due to how the road was laid. I'm gonna do some work on it this weekend and report back.
 
Back
Top