Turd on the Run

dbarkdoll_imp said:
I do in fact hate my job, and was planning on leaving it anyway. And there’s no way they’d give me that much time off. The only way this ride is going to happen is in between jobs. If my future employer looks down on the fact that I took some time off for myself between jobs, i don’t want to work there anyway.
Haha, there’s definitely a chance for that. I’ll be missing my girl and dog out on the road though and probably be very eager to get back to them after all that time away.
I do in fact hate my job, and was planning on leaving it anyway. And there’s no way they’d give me that much time off. The only way this ride is going to happen is in between jobs. If my future employer looks down on the fact that I took some time off for myself between jobs, i don’t want to work there anyway.
Cormanus_imp said:
Brilliant, dbarkdoll. What a great thing to have the opportunity do such a ride. Very best wishes.

I hate to be the wet blanket, but there’s a chance you won’t want to stop. :D
Haha, there’s definitely a chance for that. I’ll be missing my girl and dog out on the road though and probably be very eager to get back to them after all that time away.


We can take care of your girl while you are gone , I am certain that you trust your fellow Forum members. Is it a big dog and does it bite ?
 
In the original Peter Sellars Pink Panther movies there’s a wonderful seen where Clouseau comes across a dog in a hotel. “Does your dog bite?” he asks the proprietor. “No,” replies the proprietor. Clouseau reaches out to pat the dog which, of course, bites him. “I thought you said your dog didn’t bite,” Clouseau says indignantly. “It’s not my dog.”

Daniel, take the girl.
 
Thread starter
Haha, I think there's some confusion here, or maybe I'm just confused, probably the latter. By girl I meant girlfriend. And neither she nor the dog will be accompanying me on the trip. For so many reasons, lol.

And for anyone curious about the title of this journey:

 
dbarkdoll_imp said:
Haha, I think there's some confusion here, or maybe I'm just confused, probably the latter. By girl I meant girlfriend. And neither she nor the dog will be accompanying me on the trip. For so many reasons, lol.

And for anyone curious about the title of this journey:

No confusion on my part , I knew you meant girl friend , I just wanted to know if your dog is vicious !
 
Right answer. :rofl:
 
Thread starter
Seeking some advice here:

I have five days off at the end of this month (June 26-30) and planned on spending all of that time in the saddle to prepare a bit for the big trip. I was thinking of heading east into Tennessee/North Carolina to ride some of the Smokies/BRP/etc, and told a friend about my plan. He discouraged me from doing so, saying the traffic and congestion this time of year take all the fun out of riding there. I'm keen to take his word for it, but could also just be a personal preference thing of his. I do know that I HATE being stuck behind slow traffic with nowhere to pass, and the one time I visited the area in a car traffic was realllll bad, and this was in November.

So, to those of you who live in the area or have experience riding it, what do you think? And are there some off-the-grid roads that are less congested? How feasible is to camp 2-3 days in the area? I imagine campgrounds are very full this time of year.

Thanks in advance.
 
Geez I've never ridden the BRP when it was too crowded for me to enjoy it.
 
If it helps, I find traffic congestion a relative experience. If you are not accustomed to heavy congestion, then simply stay away. It can't be good for your health if it stresses one too much.

However, if you cannot avoid it, then that is another matter.

My region is actually pretty bad for congestion. When I drove in Atlanta, L.A., Chicago and NYC during rush hours, I found it quite tolerable because it was easily comparable to what I was used to, possibly even easier. The exception was Washington D.C. - ugh. Yeah, bleck. :dodgy:
 
I am back on line ! Sometimes it can be a little slow on the BRP but even than you can really enjoy the view and clean air. I am on the BRP 3 times a week and never get sick of it. Let me know when you come this way and I take you to a brewery like you have never seen before ! SN !
 
Oh, well, if you’re on the BRP, there’s the Dragon, the Cherohala Skyway and several others in that area.
 
They’re at the Cherokee end.
 
jimgl3_imp said:
Cherohala is for adults riders. Dragon is for squids.
There you have it, dbarkdoll.

I enjoyed them both, but Cherohala more. The bit of the BRP I rode on was also great.
 
28 "Moonshiner Run" is nice. Wayah Road is a favorite. And 215 is probably awesome now that it's been repaved (it was under rework the last time I was down there). Further east 226A is spectacular.
 
Back
Top