Tunnel of Love - cafe racer - short film from 1977

Have not tried to research but the film is themed 1977, highly unlikely it was made in 1977. That quality of slo-mo and edit was not possible then, and too many of the memes from that era are assembled in very obvious cliches and tropes.

BUT...frickin' GREAT film!!! THANK YOU!
 
Thread starter
Very sharp. In the end titles, there is a copyright 1997 Triumph Corporation Limited.
 
Django_imp said:
Very sharp. In the end titles, there is a copyright 1997 Triumph Corporation Limited.
I knew it. But I have some background in video. Also the styles, the story, the whole thing just exudes "retro".

But again, GREAT movie. I really like it. Thanks again!
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Have not tried to research but the film is themed 1977, highly unlikely it was made in 1977. That quality of slo-mo and edit was not possible then, and too many of the memes from that era are assembled in very obvious cliches and tropes.

BUT...frickin' GREAT film!!! THANK YOU!
Deary me ... too many 10 euro words there for my poor little brain.

Great film though.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Have not tried to research but the film is themed 1977, highly unlikely it was made in 1977. That quality of slo-mo and edit was not possible then, and too many of the memes from that era are assembled in very obvious cliches and tropes.

BUT...frickin' GREAT film!!! THANK YOU!
Deary me ... too many 10 euro words there for my poor little brain.

Great film though.
Deary me ... too many 10 euro words there for my poor little brain.

Great film though. I doubt that very seriously. In fact, I use them just to impress you because I know you know them, and will spruik some of that very cool
Aussie slang as a retort!

No kidding, I was doing research for a project some time back and dug up a whole bunch of Australian slang dictionaries. Some of those terms just sound hilariously funny.
 
If it's not from 1997, then they did a great job of making sure that there were no newer vehicles in the camera's view. Two tidbits: I own a CX500 just like the one in the beginning of the video (only mine doesn't run) and I got to drive my mom's white Mercedes 280SL (similar to the car in the video) to my high school senior dance. Good times.

Ohhh..and this video falls in to that large category titled Crap That Never Happens To Me.
 
EmptySea_imp said:
If it's not from 1997, then they did a great job of making sure that there were no newer vehicles in the camera's view. Two tidbits: I own a CX500 just like the one in the beginning of the video (only mine doesn't run) and I got to drive my mom's white Mercedes 280SL (similar to the car in the video) to my high school senior dance. Good times.

Ohhh..and this video falls in to that large category titled Crap That Never Happens To Me.
CX series is very cool. Honda built Freddie Spencer the first HRC dirt-tracker by flipping a CX500 engine 90 degrees to make a longitudinal V-twin, with a ton of other mods.
 
Cool film clip.
Ulvetanna_imp said:
Have not tried to research but the film is themed 1977, highly unlikely it was made in 1977. That quality of slo-mo and edit was not possible then, and too many of the memes from that era are assembled in very obvious cliches and tropes.

BUT...frickin' GREAT film!!! THANK YOU!
In fact, date of film given away by much more obvious points than this.
Emergency vehicle siren heard in the film I don't think is of the 1977 era. I'm pretty our sure emergency vehicles still used the old two tone horns in those days. Also, the earliest I could see that this film was made is 1994, given some of the registration plates that are clearly seen :) So definitely not made before then :)
 
I'm no expert, but I'd have thought the SUV at then end did not appear until well after 1977.
 
Thread starter
As I already mentioned in post #3, the movie is copyright 1997 Triumph Corporation Limited.
 
Back
Top