Tuna Canyon Rd

Question...do you guys that suction cup those $300 camera on your helmets/ tanks/ fenders attach a safety line to the cameras...just in case.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Question...do you guys that suction cup those $300 camera on your helmets/ tanks/ fenders attach a safety line to the cameras...just in case.
I don't, but it wouldn't be a bad idea. It's a pretty serious suction cup. The marketing materials say its secure up to 150mph and i haven't been able to physically pull it off when it's locked down (I tried once just to see).
 
Cool road...cool video.
Interesting to watch how the sky changes from blue to hazy as you approach PCH. Also interesting to watch the fork compression, especially near the end where the road got choppier.
 
I think the camera is pointed in towards the motorcycle too much, the view is kinda looking at the motorcycle and not down the road. Could be even that it locked focus on the turn signal and not down the road? Its really tough to look at the road...
 
Thread starter
HikerToo_imp said:
I think the camera is pointed in towards the motorcycle too much, the view is kinda looking at the motorcycle and not down the road. Could be even that it locked focus on the turn signal and not down the road? Its really tough to look at the road...
Thanks for the comments. The camera was pointed straight down the road. I think the wide angle lens paired with the shape of the tank where I mounted the camera added to the effect you described. I'll try locating it farther forward next ride. There aren't too many secure mounting locations for the suction cult but I'll keep exploring.
 
Back
Top