HondaJon_imp
Been there
Thread starter
Just an FYI guys
I ordered the TSR 4 aluminum air funnels but sent them back to Takashi. The funnels themselves were pieces of art, but.....
You have to enlarge the 4 holes on the air box to mount them and you also have to drill 2 additional holes in the cover.
I didn't know this when I ordered them, and TSR's instruction sheet, now updated, omitted these step. I asked Takashi how they enlarged the holes of if they were going to offer the cover with this process already done. TSR recommended that I use a Dremmel like tool to do this enlargement and they have no plans to offer a modified cover for sale. Without a precise way to cut the holes, you'll have the potential for air leaks.
As for the two additional holes, TSR says without them, the bike has idle issues.
No thanks..Bike runs too nice now to screw with it
As always Takashi made right and issued me a full refund.
I ordered the TSR 4 aluminum air funnels but sent them back to Takashi. The funnels themselves were pieces of art, but.....
You have to enlarge the 4 holes on the air box to mount them and you also have to drill 2 additional holes in the cover.
I didn't know this when I ordered them, and TSR's instruction sheet, now updated, omitted these step. I asked Takashi how they enlarged the holes of if they were going to offer the cover with this process already done. TSR recommended that I use a Dremmel like tool to do this enlargement and they have no plans to offer a modified cover for sale. Without a precise way to cut the holes, you'll have the potential for air leaks.
As for the two additional holes, TSR says without them, the bike has idle issues.
No thanks..Bike runs too nice now to screw with it
As always Takashi made right and issued me a full refund.