Trouble Getting Honda Parts?

DAC

Road warrior
Thread starter
Went to Iron Pony yesterday to buy some oil and a Honda filter. Waited in line for 15 minutes at the parts counter to find that they had no Honda oil filters. I was dumbstruck. Asked the guy, "You sure? That filter is used in about every Honda." He said Honda hasn't shipped parts in a while but is just now starting. Showed me the the empty box where his last filter he sold came out of.

Anyone else hearing this? Is Honda's supply chain impacted by the China issues and other coronavirus stuff?

Just thought it was interesting. If was a local shop, that would be one thing. But Iron Pony is a mega dealer and gear shop superstore. They should be high on any manufacturers priority.
 
I didn't know Iron Pony was back open?
 
Thread starter
Only just. Glad to see it. Place was packed - or as packed as they will allow any business to be these days. Better get your shopping in while you can. I don't like the way C-19 cases are picking up in Ohio these days.
 
I received an order, including an OEM oil filter, from Revzilla early last. As they warned, it did take a couple more days to receive this order.
 
Me too, last week, from Revzilla. Gotta love free shipping. My OEM Honda oil filter says “Made in the USA,” so I’m not sure what China has to do with it.
 
I ordered a pair of genuine black and chrome air filter housing covers over 5 weeks ago, rang on Friday, guy said they were waiting on Honda Japan, estimated despatch date 18 June. So yes, I think the corona thing is causing big probs for everyone.
 
I ordered some seat brackets to retrofit at '14 DLX seat on my '13 std and the first place(bikebandit) I ordered from sent an email 3 days later that stated parts would be delayed and were backordered and they didn't know when they would be available. They gave me the option to cancel order which I did.

I then placed the same order (Partzilla) and they said it would be delayed 2-3 days . . . have not received them yet.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
Me too, last week, from Revzilla. Gotta love free shipping. My OEM Honda oil filter says “Made in the USA,” so I’m not sure what China has to do with it.
I was just guessing. “Made in the USA” can mean manufactured in the US but the supplies came from where? I’ve got a Dewalt impact driver that says “made in USA” with Stars and Stripes and everything but look closely and it says “with global content”.
 
DAC_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
Me too, last week, from Revzilla. Gotta love free shipping. My OEM Honda oil filter says “Made in the USA,” so I’m not sure what China has to do with it.
I was just guessing. “Made in the USA” can mean manufactured in the US but the supplies came from where? I’ve got a Dewalt impact driver that says “made in USA” with Stars and Stripes and everything but look closely and it says “with global content”.
I was just guessing. “Made in the USA” can mean manufactured in the US but the supplies came from where? I’ve got a Dewalt impact driver that says “made in USA” with Stars and Stripes and everything but look closely and it says “with global content”.
DAC, Your example may apply with the OEM Oil Filter. I just check mine and it says “Assembled In USA” and “ROKI”.
 
Keep my bike in tip-top condition, recently did S1, plus always have a spare set of oil/filter....and now, due to corona, just picked up 3 OEM filters and 2x 4L oil jugs from Honda dealer.....the only thing, I am lacking from are +15*C days, but these are coming >>>:biker: >>>
 
Babbits and partsfish also are having a difficulty accessing parts. Been waiting to put my accident damaged bike back together.
 
Picked up 4 filters and 4 gallons of oil when I went to Rockingham Sport Cycles in Rockingham NC in January with a friend to pick up his new Goldwing and my barely used Monkey. (Same dealer another friend and I bought our CB1100s). They discounted the oil and filters. The Goldwing and CB use the same oil and filter, so I should be good for a while.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top