Triumph TR6 Trophy

Hey third one from the right ..that's exactly what my Rocket 3 looked like.
 
[attachment=5831]
The ferret_imp said:
Hey third one from the right ..that's exactly what my Rocket 3 looked like.
I remember the Flash Gordon muffler style.

One of my motorcycling buddies bought the newer 1971 model. The picture does not do it justice. I was a nice looking bike.

That would be the last year that we were able to buy BSAs.
 
[quote That would be the last year that we were able to buy BSAs. [/QUOTE]

Once the largest motorcycle company in the world, BSA closed its doors in 1972 - mainly due to mismanagement, but also the Japanese flood that had overtaken them.
 
Rocky_imp said:
[quote That would be the last year that we were able to buy BSAs.

Once the largest motorcycle company in the world, BSA closed its doors in 1972 - mainly due to mismanagement, but also the Japanese flood that had overtaken them.
[/QUOTE]
Guilty as charged. In 1972 two of my buddies and I sold our British motorcycles and each bought a Kawasaki H2 Mach IV.

We had to learn to ride all over again. The BSAs had a lot of torque and good handling. Unfortunately they had poor brakes so the engine was used a lot to slow down. The H2 was light, had less torque, but a lot more horsepower and good brakes. It handled poorly if ridden like a British bike, and would lift the front wheel with an over enthusiastic twist of the wrist. We had to learn to ride smoothly so we could use the power and brakes to our advantage.
 
Heck yea, very cool bike. I like it. Congrats

Notice the cylinder/ head painting like the new CB1100s
 
Capo_imp said:
I hate when people use threads like this to gratuitously post unsolicited pictures of their own bikes....
b84f2cd2a912af31c004fa4443fb4f0b.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sold this when emigrated from U.K. to Thailand. Loved that bike!
4121162b3178504a643b9f9545b193c0.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Sold this when emigrated from U.K. to Thailand. Loved that bike!
bf3fd7f5e4b16f39a7b1377fd243c9aa.jpg



I'm guessing you still have the other Triumph(s) ?;)
The ferret_imp said:
Heck yea, very cool bike. I like it. Congrats

Notice the cylinder/ head painting like the new CB1100s

Yes I guess it is, good spot. Totally different beast to ride though :thumbsup:
 
JustCruising_imp said:
Sold this when emigrated from U.K. to Thailand. Loved that bike!
bf3fd7f5e4b16f39a7b1377fd243c9aa.jpg



I'm guessing you still have the other Triumph(s) ?;)
The ferret_imp said:
Heck yea, very cool bike. I like it. Congrats

Notice the cylinder/ head painting like the new CB1100s

Yes I guess it is, good spot. Totally different beast to ride though :thumbsup:

Yes I guess it is, good spot. Totally different beast to ride though :thumbsup:
No, I sold up everything including this one (but with a full titanium system) too!

(v11 Le Mans. I lost a fortune on that one!)
ee041ae3fe89e98bc39b97d2f365e6c1.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top