Triumph fork gaiters are great!

Olyrider

Been there
Thread starter
Just installed the Triumph gaiters and clamps on my "13. Someone else here made the recommendation.

I bet they last as long as the bike. Very well made. And i like the black clamps. Much better than stainless steel.

Fork gaiters: Triumph part #T2040349 (edited to correct part number. This one is right!)
Clamps: Triumph part #T2045157

You'll also need two screws( one per) for the clamps. The clamps aren't sold with them. I bought them from Triumph, but I can't find the package with the part #.

I think they cost me about $75

A picture would just show some black rubber thingies on my forks. I'm sure you know what they look like!:beerchug:
 
Olyrider_imp said:
Just installed the Triumph gaiters and clamps on my "13. Someone else here made the recommendation.

I bet they last as long as the bike. Very well made. And i like the black clamps. Much better than stainless steel.

Fork gaiters: Triumph part #T2040349 (edited to correct part number. This one is right!)
Clamps: Triumph part #T2045157

You'll also need two screws( one per) for the clamps. The clamps aren't sold with them. I bought them from Triumph, but I can't find the package with the part #.

I think they cost me about $75

A picture would just show some black rubber thingies on my forks. I'm sure you know what they look like!:beerchug:
Are you sure about that part number? It comes up as a switch assembly.

https://www.google.com/search?q=T2040309...e&ie=UTF-8
 
I think he means T2040349
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
I think he means T2040349

I do, Popgun. :thanks: And thanks, Randy B.! And to think I stared at that number for five minutes before hitting send. :worship:

e6fa0335245e18db8522fd2a9d0b2a81.jpg

I'm going to edit my first post to show the correct number.

Sorry, guys!!
 
ryanschillinger_imp said:
But installation requires fork removal, right?
Yes it does. If you want gaiters, it's probably worth it though -- they tend to look much better than most of the "splitable" style one you can buy.
 
Word to the wise, spend the money on a good set of Triumph or kawasaki gaitors. I bought these, and although they work after notching out the lower bell on the backside, it was a pain to get them tight. Harleys must have a much larger lower fork.
7e91c7ef8f5a6e023f10f1e36db468b4.jpg


Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
gbpack89_imp said:
Word to the wise, spend the money on a good set of Triumph or kawasaki gaitors. I bought these, and although they work after notching out the lower bell on the backside, it was a pain to get them tight. Harleys must have a much larger lower fork.
7e91c7ef8f5a6e023f10f1e36db468b4.jpg


Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
I got the same ones, bottoms too big. I was going to return them but haven't yet. Did you notch them and make them fit good on the bottom? I had considered doing that....

Sent from me......
 
Yep, just cut a /\ out of the bottom with the point touching the lover bellows. It takes some time but it looks good once it's tight
61378784592c3d640a3d8cd04172aaa7.jpg


Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
Yeah it would be. Wheel is already off, remove the fender and calipers and undo the triple tree bolts, slide out the tubes and put on the gaiters. Put everything back :). Use torque wrench.
 
It won't take them long! :D
 
I installed them and a new set of handle bars at the same time. I would say gators were the easier of the two. Its a fun simple project, and very rewarding!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
 
I made the mistake of putting the cheap British Customs gaiters on the first time... they were trash in just 8 months. I replaced them with the Kawi part.

British Customs, junk!
 
Back
Top