I was looking through an old photo album and this thread came to mind. Why? Well my Bonnie still sits in my garage. Not quite in the condition as back in its glory days, pictured here, but still not far away from the road.
Just for fun I have posted a photo of another bike I had in the stable then. That's my daughter masquerading as a Christmas bikie chic. Don't show it to her please, she is now a very elegant marketing exec. Never did take to bikes .
Yes, it was. I enjoyed riding that more than the Bonnie. But that Bonnie was born in the year I left school, in '61, and back then I really wanted one. No way I could afford it. So, thirty years later I went to the UK from Bahrain in the Arabian Gulf where I lived at the time and bought it from a museum in Cumbria. I restored it and rode it there for a number of years before taking it to Australia. The Daytona now resides in the UK.