Triumph Bonnevilles? Show 'em off!



I'm lucky enough to have a pretty special Norton, as well. '68 P11 Ranger. Desert sled, that men far braver than I raced in the '60's. A 750 Atlas motor in a Matchless G80 frame, it was the very end of the British off road era. Riding it today is a trip. It is significantly more raw than the '70 Bonnie.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
My 2006 that I regretfully, sold. I dare say it is every bit as beautiful as our CBs!

How did a Jersey boy end up at the Story Inn??

da52730a1a5b80110e07581db860b980.JPG

My red '76 CB750 is at the front of this pack of CB's. I lived in Indiana at the time this image was taken in 2010. One of our annual Fall rides. :thumbsup:
 
On yesterdays ride a red and white Bonnie passed me going the opposite way on a curvy 2 lane a lot of motorcyclists like to ride in my area. Owner dressed in full leather. Looking good!
 
Capo_imp said:
I'm lucky enough to have a pretty special Norton, as well. '68 P11 Ranger. Desert sled, that men far braver than I raced in the '60's. A 750 Atlas motor in a Matchless G80 frame, it was the very end of the British off road era. Riding it today is a trip. It is significantly more raw than the '70 Bonnie.
Wow! Just, wow! That is quite beautiful.
 
Damfino, nice photo! I'm ashamed to admit that my photo was taken by the previous owner just before I purchased the bike, and he sent it to me. I do have a couple of photos of my own but they are on another older computer. I did buy it in Indiana.
 
ClassicVW_imp said:
Damfino, nice photo! I'm ashamed to admit that my photo was taken by the previous owner just before I purchased the bike, and he sent it to me. I do have a couple of photos of my own but they are on another older computer. I did buy it in Indiana.
That's a great riding area by the Story Inn, down around the Hoosier National Forest. I am a native Illinoisan but after living in Indiana for 10 years, I miss it more than I did my home state! :thumbsup:
 
I don't recall any others MG

Dont see any in the registry
 
hmmm missed that Damfino. tricky little spammers. They are usually more blatant. I will ban him and if he is legit I can remove it.
 
Sorry Sri Lanka. You're off the list. Still, for them to post a relevant comment and refer to another member by screen name...pretty sophisticated for a scammer, right?
 
I know. Shoot I was hoping to have a legit Sri Lankin member
 
Damfino_imp said:
ClassicVW_imp said:
My 2006 that I regretfully, sold. I dare say it is every bit as beautiful as our CBs!

How did a Jersey boy end up at the Story Inn??

da52730a1a5b80110e07581db860b980.JPG

My red '76 CB750 is at the front of this pack of CB's. I lived in Indiana at the time this image was taken in 2010. One of our annual Fall rides. :thumbsup:

How did a Jersey boy end up at the Story Inn??

ff314b6e03d0f262d55aa6035098d220.JPG

My red '76 CB750 is at the front of this pack of CB's. I lived in Indiana at the time this image was taken in 2010. One of our annual Fall rides. :thumbsup:
I test rode one and could not get past the pipes in the way of my right leg and right footpeg. I wanted to swap for a two into one left side, which IMHO the Bonnies would be better off with anyway. I could not get it on the center stand. Balance was waay off. (My 02 FZ1 popped right up) I had a good ride though. Nice machine.
 
A [ur=[URL]http://motorbikewriter.com/triumph-bonneville-gets-radiator/]report[/URL] from Australia suggests the new Bonneville will be water cooled.
 
Triumph was on record saying the right side was chosen for the pipes on the Scrambler in order to show off the chrome when the bike was on the side stand. I agree with them.
 
Back
Top