Triumph Bonnevilles? Show 'em off!

Thread starter
Oh thanks! That's a factory piece, and the only optional item ordered the day I bought the bike. I've been amazed at how many compliments I get on it.
 
C'mon now, let's be honest. Your post would have read the same regardless! Haha. I was joking because clearly the compliment couldn't and wouldn't have been directed at my Bonnie.
 
Aw ... MG. Your Bonnie wasn't gold. We can see that. But it was handsome nonetheless.
 
Also no longer mine (belongs to my younger brother)...2003 Bonneville T-100 Centennial model in Lucifer orange and silver with optional grab rail, optional center stand, Triumph "Off Road" mufflers and Kawasaki fork gaiters. Bought it new in 2003, put 20,000 miles on it including my wife and I touring all the National Parks in Utah and AZ.

 
Sorry that it's only a thumbnail, but here's mine.
It's pretty much box-stock, but in this pic I was trying out the King & Queen seat and the Tourmaster slant bags for looks.
I found the Triumph "summer screen" caused too much buffeting so I've since fitted a Givi flyscreen, but don't have a picture of it.
For day-to-day riding I use the stock seat and leave the bags off unless I need to carry something.

 
We don't own this bike now. It was purchased for my wife to replace her '07 V-strom but she never warmed up to it. I rode it far more often than she and I did not want to sell it but it was and a new V-strom replaced it. I'd like to buy another Bonnie one day, I like them.

41c1af0a73e8bcfc4775a9c803dde7d3.jpg
 
They all look great! MG, my usual riding buddy has one exactly like yours, minus the backrest. I love the "sleeker" look of that original fuel tank.

I've never owned one....but for a dose of Bonneville heritage, I'll throw in a couple of pics from my dad. He had a brand-new '63 imported to Taiwan when he was stationed there in the Air Force. He scanned all his old slides, etc., a couple years ago:



[url=http://s103.photobucket.com/user/pechorin75/media/1950s%201960s167_zpslhkfmosf.jpg.html]
 
Very cool Pechorin and love those prices. Wonder what a QD wheel is, it's pretty pricey comparatively speaking (10% of the vehicle)
 
The ferret_imp said:
Very cool Pechorin and love those prices. Wonder what a QD wheel is, it's pretty pricey comparatively speaking (10% of the vehicle)
Actually just 1%...but I have no idea what a QD wheel is. Also curious about the "metal petrol pipe."
__________
Update: Google has the answer, as usual. "Quick Detach" wheel.
 
Oh yea 1% doh! Still pricey compared to some other items on that list

Metal petrol pipe would probably be a petcock or hose from petcock to carb, would be my guess
 
Sounds reasonable. The tach was kind of a pricey option....if the inflation calculator is correct, about $200 in today's dollars.

It just occurred to me that there's no rear brake...so the foot lever on the right side must be the shifter. Pre-standardization days, I guess.
 
Most Brit bikes shifted on the right, braked on the left. Standardization for bikes coming into the US didn't happen until 75 I think. I had Harleys and BSA's that both shifted on the right, and I believe the BSA was up for 1st down for 2-4th.

There would have been an inhub drum brake on the back of the Bonnie your dad bought
 
Back
Top