Triumph Bobber, Street Scrambler and Street Cup Launch

Capo

Road warrior
Thread starter
Another really nice job by Triumph, with a night time party at Triumph Metuchen, unveiling the newest iterations of the Modern Classics. 300 people showed up, craft beer, nice food, complimentary beard trimming (????) some free swag and other goodies.

The Bobber screams hipster, (based on the age of the people seen gawking and straddling it after it was ridden in, more like 'hip-replacement-ster,') but it sounded great coming in, and it is finished beautifully. The Street Cup and new Street Scrambler are just exquisite bikes.

The dealer principal said they are sold out of 2017 Street Twins already, begging Triumph to up production. And if you order a Bobber now, you'll likely get it in August. The popularity of the new Modern Classics has surpassed their projections.

Bravo to Triumph for the marketing, accessories and dealer support of these machines. Whether you like them or not, or feel the CB1100 is superior machine, Honda should be embarrassed by they way they let such a great machine flounder in the market. The dealer is also a Honda store, and they have a few out of date CB's in crates. He's not heard anything regarding the new versions yet. Sorry for the weak photos, kinda dark in there.
 
Love the bullet fairing on the Thruxton. Classic!
 
Capo_imp said:
Another really nice job by Triumph, with a night time party at Triumph Metuchen, unveiling the newest iterations of the Modern Classics. 300 people showed up, craft beer, nice food, complimentary beard trimming (????) some free swag and other goodies.

The Bobber screams hipster, (based on the age of the people seen gawking and straddling it after it was ridden in, more like 'hip-replacement-ster,') but it sounded great coming in, and it is finished beautifully. The Street Cup and new Street Scrambler are just exquisite bikes.

The dealer principal said they are sold out of 2017 Street Twins already, begging Triumph to up production. And if you order a Bobber now, you'll likely get it in August. The popularity of the new Modern Classics has surpassed their projections.

Bravo to Triumph for the marketing, accessories and dealer support of these machines. Whether you like them or not, or feel the CB1100 is superior machine, Honda should be embarrassed by they way they let such a great machine flounder in the market. The dealer is also a Honda store, and they have a few out of date CB's in crates. He's not heard anything regarding the new versions yet. Sorry for the weak photos, kinda dark in there.
You got that right. It's a real shame. But the RS has potential. Handling and performance are important. I think I have mine handling exceptionally well with the stock chassis and nothing more than handlebars, brake lines, shocks, and premium tires, and time spent on setup.

This basic package really is what the hipsters want but it no longer wears the right clothes. The RS has the duds, let's see how it sells. Hope it comes to the States.

Looks pretty sporty to me just the way it is.
[attachment=5738]
 
Thread starter
Yeah, there are no issues with the CB as a beautiful bike, a competitive retro with a great legacy. Honda flubbed it. Bikes don't sell themselves. Especially when they sit forlornly in the back of showrooms between CTX 700's and Fury's.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Capo_imp said:
Yeah, there are no issues with the CB as a beautiful bike, a competitive retro with a great legacy. Honda flubbed it. Bikes don't sell themselves. Especially when they sit forlornly in the back of showrooms between CTX 700's and Fury's.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What's the problem? It only took me three years to figure it out.:-/ Sheesh. The RS is a real looker, hope that works for them.
 
"hip-replacement-ster" I love it. If you don't mind, I'm going to steal that phrase.

I hadn't heard the 2017 Street Twins were already sold out. There's also the new T100, which has the 900cc Street Twin engine, but in the stereotypical Bonneville style. It's a very pretty bike. It even has polished laced rims (not black!).
 
LongRanger_imp said:
"hip-replacement-ster" I love it. If you don't mind, I'm going to steal that phrase.

I hadn't heard the 2017 Street Twins were already sold out. There's also the new T100, which has the 900cc Street Twin engine, but in the stereotypical Bonneville style. It's a very pretty bike. It even has polished laced rims (not black!).
Street Twin is a great value, fantastic bang-for-the-buck as we say.
 
Yep. I demo'd one earlier this year and came away fairly impressed. It rode like a Sporty -- good, useable torque and easy to ride. Not sure I'd want to spend 300 miles/day on one, but for blasting around town and an occasional romp in the mountains, it'd be perfectly capable and loads of fun. I'm not into loud pipes but the noise coming out of the stock exhaust was pure music. Triumph did a nice job with the bike and I think the low price makes it a screaming value.
 
Triumph is trying to get those hipsters with the bobber. I can't stand the look of it with that tractor seat. And what the heck? Why are they calling it a "Bobber" that just seems a little desperate to me. They could have come up with a much better name.

The 1200 Bonneville is pretty cool! They are doing it right with the other models!
 
holy666diver_imp said:
Triumph is trying to get those hipsters with the bobber. I can't stand the look of it with that tractor seat. And what the heck? Why are they calling it a "Bobber" that just seems a little desperate to me. They could have come up with a much better name.

The 1200 Bonneville is pretty cool! They are doing it right with the other models!
Tractor seat? Lol, yes, I have spent an hour or two on those, but the metal kind, inhaling Kansas sod all day. Good times.:dodgy:
My problem is every new bike I see, I want. But I can't. Might be able to swing a G310R if I trade one in, I think I could handle that.
 
Ulvetanna_imp said:
holy666diver_imp said:
Triumph is trying to get those hipsters with the bobber. I can't stand the look of it with that tractor seat. And what the heck? Why are they calling it a "Bobber" that just seems a little desperate to me. They could have come up with a much better name.

The 1200 Bonneville is pretty cool! They are doing it right with the other models!
Tractor seat? Lol, yes, I have spent an hour or two on those, but the metal kind, inhaling Kansas sod all day. Good times.:dodgy:
My problem is every new bike I see, I want. But I can't. Might be able to swing a G310R if I trade one in, I think I could handle that.
Tractor seat? Lol, yes, I have spent an hour or two on those, but the metal kind, inhaling Kansas sod all day. Good times.:dodgy:
My problem is every new bike I see, I want. But I can't. Might be able to swing a G310R if I trade one in, I think I could handle that.
HAhaha The Victory Gunner is a prime example of a bobber. It has a decent seat (non tractor) and the bike is called the "Gunner" not the Victory "Bobber" lol
 
Back
Top