trip to Pikes Peek

swifty_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I've just got back from a 3600 mile trip to Pike Peek from Houston did the run in eight days almost got taken out but a deer running across the road and Bear coming into the camp site but it was a fantastic time was had i was glad to make it home
4d9105a1ef2a040af706d919d0cd8ef5.jpg


Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
 
That’s a decent sort of ride, swifty. Good pics.
 
Very cool swifty!

Been to Pikes Peak twice. First time on my ST 1300 on my 2014 Bucket List ride to California with my buddy Jnor on a V Strom 1000. Went too early and they only let us go up 13 miles due to ice and snow up higher. Then last year I rode my CB 1100 to the top with forum members Longranger and Offroad4x4 also on CB's 1100's.
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
I don't recognize the teepee. Where did you camp?

BTW, it's Peak, not Peek.
the Tee Pee was on the way home at Ouray

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Frulk_imp said:
Unique looking CB. Just curious. Why did you swap the tank. Aesthetic preference?
No I need the extra fuel the new tank gives me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
 
swifty_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
I don't recognize the teepee. Where did you camp?

BTW, it's Peak, not Peek.
the Tee Pee was on the way home at Ouray

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Ah, the KOA campground in Ouray. I've been in that teepee. The Ouray KOA is a great spot. Thanks!
 
Ahhhh…. I didn't realize there was a bump in capacity. I knew the 14's went up to 4.5 or so. What are the 17's/18's at?
 
Thread starter
LongRanger_imp said:
swifty_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
I don't recognize the teepee. Where did you camp?

BTW, it's Peak, not Peek.
the Tee Pee was on the way home at Ouray

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Ah, the KOA campground in Ouray. I've been in that teepee. The Ouray KOA is a great spot. Thanks!
Ah, the KOA campground in Ouray. I've been in that teepee. The Ouray KOA is a great spot. Thanks! we got visited by a bear made for an interesting time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
 
Yep. I had a bear on my back deck, just outside my patio door, swatting at my bird feeder like it was a piñata. He was easily 7' tall standing on his hind legs.
 
Back
Top