trip to ohio

DJS_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
just got back from my trip to dayton ohio.
its the 2nd time on the cb. both the cycle and i did a great job.
total mileage

average MPG
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/djs_151/media/cb1100/IMG_20160809_105537_zpsnrp7jqzn.jpg.html]
and total gas used
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/djs_151/media/cb1100/IMG_20160809_105545_zpsmgxiwjzq.jpg.html]

one thing i noticed while riding is that the instantaneous MPG while riding seems to have an issue when it is really high. on a few down hills where i was mostly coasting it would display in the 90's and would then give dashes (as when not moving). my guess is it can't display over 100mpg.

on the ride last year i got grip wraps to make the grips wider and more comfortable. this year i had to get a oxford cruise throttle assist to swap out for my crampbuster. it is definitely better but i will be borrowing a kuryakn throttle boss to compare to as well.
while shopping at the iron pony i also got a little useful bling for the cycle.
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/djs_151/media/cb1100/IMG_20160809_110037_zpsubdxnxzn.jpg.html]
i also got an oxford plate mount so i could add the reflectors back to the plate area.
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/djs_151/media/cb1100/IMG_20160809_110028_zpsbqidcclm.jpg.html]

here is the cycle all loaded
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/djs_151/media/cb1100/IMG_20160804_083215_zpsiqv66kbi.jpg.html]
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/djs_151/media/cb1100/IMG_20160804_083225_zpsxp7vxm5v.jpg.html]
parked for the night halfway home
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/djs_151/media/cb1100/IMG_20160808_073341_zpsw3nr9khi.jpg.html]
i need to go through my helmet cam videos and will post a few soon.

and finally my riding partner
[url=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/djs_151/media/cb1100/IMG_20160809_105653_zpsrwjdolrv.jpg.html]
 
Jeezalou Dayton is right up the road. Wish I had known you were going to be that close I'd have ridden up and met you for lunch or something. Glad you had a good trip
 
You sure got a bit of gear on the bike DJS.
 
Ive eaten at Beaugards, right there on 68 which is the back way road I use to get to Wilmington. Owner os a nice guy.
 
I've only looked at the tube type slip-ons. It's good to have another option.

My right hand becomes numb quite quickly during rides so I'm looking for something to solve that problem.
 
Having once had a honda Civic hybrid i found using the instantaneous mileage indicator drove me nuts,constantly modifying my driving to keep the numbers up,drivers behind me must have thought i was under the influence as what i was doing wasn't normal,probably lucky i didn't get shot or run off the road.Traded it at 36,000 miles on a Ford Focus and regained my sanity.I now only use the average MPG indicator on the CB.If you add a framed backpack to your load immediately behind you with foot pegs it'll be like sitting in a recliner on a long trip(been there).Like your mods.
Opps!,forgot,had pullback handlebars with the backpack.
 
DJS I get black boxes - no vids
 
Interim fix: links to the videos

 
Back
Top