Trip down the Natchez Trace.

1ate7records_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
In early October I took a 4 day trip most of the way down the Natchez Trace Parkway. These are some of the Photos. I didn't quite make it all the way down Because i ended up hitting some pretty gnarly rain storms. Overall though it was a good first long Trip for me to try.
More photos
 
Nice! The CB is a perfect motorcycle for the Trace.

i've ridden it both ways and don't remember that little cabin?
 
Thanks for the pics!... It helped to "salve" the slightly "bummed" feeling I have in winterizing & putting the bike to "rest" before this first real taste of winter storm "bites" us in west-central Illinois!...I really especially like the pic of that little cabin with your ride outside... makes me think an early spring or late fall ride there would be great with some oak/hickory blue smoke spiraling out of chimney!...
 
Good photographs. Rather enigmatic text (for those non-US members) led me to do some reading regarding the Natchez Trace. Interesting history.

Cheers
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Nice! The CB is a perfect motorcycle for the Trace.

i've ridden it both ways and don't remember that little cabin?
That cabin was in a state park in Tupelo. I can not remember the name of the park for the life of me. It was a very creepy cabin but after getting rained on for 2 hours straight it was a sight for sore eyes.
 
Have heard great reviews from some people here in Ohio about that ride. Hoping to try it next year with a couple friends on a mix of bikes, myself on the CB, one on a DR350 and one on a KTM enduro. From what I have heard it is relatively slow riding so we were thinking the enduros would be ok. Thanks for posting the photos.
 
Great pics! Looks like a great ride. I'll have to keep that one in mind when I start venturing east.
 
Thread starter
Speed limit is a very strict 50mph on it so it would be fine. The road is considered a state park & they say they'll fine you $100 for every mph over 50.
 
Thanks for the information. I did not realize the speed limit was only 50 in all areas. I have never taken a long trip before so kind of looking forward to a slow pace.
Someone I know who took the trip said there is a long rock wall which was built to commemorate the Indian Trail of Tears March. He ended up spending quite a bit of time with the builder of the wall. Sounded like it was awesome and humbling experience.
 
Back
Top