Trigger wire under seat for fuzeblock

Jeya_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi guys, im new to this forum and i recently collected my 2017 CB1100RS. Does anybody know where i can tap switched power for the trigger wire on my fuzeblock? I intend to use my fuzeblock to power a tyre pump and usb charger.

Cheers,
Jey
 
:hello: Howdy Jeya and welcome to the forum. Can't help you with your issue, but undoubtedly someone will be along shortly who can.
 
Thread starter
Cool thanks. I'll continue probing around the bike and let you guys know if i have found anything.
 
Thread starter
hb9400_imp said:
I added a fuzeblock to my VStrom, tapped into the tail light wire for the switched power.
Yep i think that is also one way just wondering if anybody knows which color wire that wld be on my bike
 
don't know where the wiring wizards are hiding but i believe there are connections in the headlight and under one of the covers for power.

Popgun?
 
Get a cheap test light, the kind with the pointy end and poke away at the wires at the rear while the tail light is on.

I did this too, but don't remember what wire it was and it was a 2013 CB anyway. I know it's in the various repair manuals that have the wiring schematics in the back.
 
this thread may help

accessory power lead

I know someone just posted pics of the connector but I can't find them right off hand
 
I also recall from other threads that different countries have different wiring set ups. Like when discussing who has turn signals always on.
 
Ferret, I didn't respond as I don't have a wiring diagram for an RS, AND, what Classic says is true. For instance, one of our members in Moscow and I found out they do not have an accessory connector in the boot by the battery.

Here is a pic of the accessory connector in the headlight shell. Its the red connector at the bottom. I don't know why these are still showing as they are on Photobucket. Buzzing Instrument Cluster

I can look at the diagram for colors, but green is ground on our bikes.

Ok, on the diagram, the brake/tail light has 3 wires. Green is ground, green/yellow is brake, and Black/brown is tail light (on all the time).

The Black/Brown wire is connected to the 10amp Meter/Ilumi fuse. So are the accessory connectors.
 
Thread starter
Cheers guys. I will take some pics of my bike and connectors just in case anyone is curious once im back. Currently away for work.
 
This site is awesome. When I asked the same question, I was directed to an empty two pin connector in the head light bucket and one under the side cover. I chose the one in the headlight bucket. It is switched.

There is a four pin under the side cover but I found the voltage and ground reading were not straight forward. (ABS Connector?).
Jim
 
Tin boat, I believe you were reading the DLC (data link connector). Some of us have a GiPro gearshift indicator plugged in there.

The accessory connector is 2 pin and isn't really right behind the side cover. It is inside the frame, by the left side and behind the battery. You have to remove the tool box to get to it and its in a plastic boot with other connectors.

You can't see it with the side cover removed, but IIRC, you CAN take the cover off, and it the upper right of the triange, unbolt a relay bracket and get to it a little easier since you would then have top and side access.

Its a pain to get to. I did it when I tapped the brake lights for my Givi top box lights as I made the connecton on the pin. I'm not a fan of tapping wires with puncture devices. Again, YMMV
 
Thread starter
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Tin boat, I believe you were reading the DLC (data link connector). Some of us have a GiPro gearshift indicator plugged in there.

The accessory connector is 2 pin and isn't really right behind the side cover. It is inside the frame, by the left side and behind the battery. You have to remove the tool box to get to it and its in a plastic boot with other connectors.

You can't see it with the side cover removed, but IIRC, you CAN take the cover off, and it the upper right of the triange, unbolt a relay bracket and get to it a little easier since you would then have top and side access.

Its a pain to get to. I did it when I tapped the brake lights for my Givi top box lights as I made the connecton on the pin. I'm not a fan of tapping wires with puncture devices. Again, YMMV
What kind of connector did you use?
 
To tap the brake light wire? I de-pinned the connector and soldered the wire to it and then re-pinned it into the connector.

However, VERY LITTLE solder was used and the Givi wire is really small. Even with good solder skills, it was a job getting the pin back in. It did seat though.

I have a connector kit for our connectors and if I had to do it again I would crimp the two wires on a new pin. There are a couple ways I might would do it different without tapping or cutting the harness.

Realistically, you will either be tapping the wire or maybe cutting it and adding a bullet connector or crimp splice. Just think about it before cutting stuff. Make sure you have space and no chaffing when you get done.
 
Back
Top