Traded the CB1100

bubblerboy64_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Well, I traded the CB1100 for a new CTX700 DCT ABS Not that I had any problems at all with the CB1100 but the new bike will fit better to my riding style. I am 67 and I need a little smaller lighter bike. I am going to sell the balance of the bikes and keep perhaps the Vespa Scooter. This is mostly a concession to age but also just having to much "stuff" to look after. I took a pretty hard hit on the trade as you always do trading a new bike in. But I ended up writing a check for $1800.00 difference out the door and I am getting a bike I am just a little more comfortable with.

I considered other bikes but decided what I really needed was the 700 not a 1300.

So Twiggs in Hagerstown MD has a near new CB1100 to sell for any local persons interested.
 
Bubblerboy, it's been a pleasure. Congrats on the new ride. Post up a pic when you can. You don't need to run off, you are welcome here any time.

I can certainly understand thinning the herd. Although I'm much younger than you (64 next month) I went from 5 a year ago down to 2. Much easier to keep track of and keep up with.
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Bubblerboy, it's been a pleasure. Congrats on the new ride. Post up a pic when you can. You don't need to run off, you are welcome here any time.

I can certainly understand thinning the herd. Although I'm much younger than you (64 next month) I went from 5 a year ago down to 2. Much easier to keep track of and keep up with.
No I intend to hang around. Nice forum here and very interesting information. Some of it of course directly related to the CB1100 but lots of more general interest.

Mr Ferret I can't blame all of this on age but it's factor. A fellow has to factor in his individual realities to not is being very foolish. There are lots of people who should NEVER ride a motorcycle and everyone will at some point need to give it up. I am trying to be realistic in my maturity. I hope to be able to ride the smaller "stuff" a while yet but it's time to "adjust".
 
I hear wonderful things about the CTX700. Also, like you, I have a GTV 300. What a great ride for summer evenings!
 
Blb64, you mentioned Twigg cycles, you live in a beautiful part of MD.I am from montgomery County originally but packed up and moved south in 99 to MB SC. I used to ride up to Hagerstown and Middletown often to enjoy that gorgeous area,boy do I miss the mountains here at the beach,enjoy your new ride and stay on 2wheels as long as you can my friend..:biker:
 
bubblerboy64_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Bubblerboy, it's been a pleasure. Congrats on the new ride. Post up a pic when you can. You don't need to run off, you are welcome here any time.

I can certainly understand thinning the herd. Although I'm much younger than you (64 next month) I went from 5 a year ago down to 2. Much easier to keep track of and keep up with.
No I intend to hang around. Nice forum here and very interesting information. Some of it of course directly related to the CB1100 but lots of more general interest.

Mr Ferret I can't blame all of this on age but it's factor. A fellow has to factor in his individual realities to not is being very foolish. There are lots of people who should NEVER ride a motorcycle and everyone will at some point need to give it up. I am trying to be realistic in my maturity. I hope to be able to ride the smaller "stuff" a while yet but it's time to "adjust".
Glad to hear that you'll be sticking around. I hope you enjoy the new ride and that it serves its purpose well.
 
Thread starter
ss2wheels_imp said:
Blb64, you mentioned Twigg cycles, you live in a beautiful part of MD.I am from montgomery County originally but packed up and moved south in 99 to MB SC. I used to ride up to Hagerstown and Middletown often to enjoy that gorgeous area,boy do I miss the mountains here at the beach,enjoy your new ride and stay on 2wheels as long as you can my friend..:biker:
I actually live about 45 miles north of Hagerstown in Pa. Twiggs is not the closest dealer but the only one I'll deal with. They are very professional and have treated me with great respect over the years. Just a great bunch of people from the owner, his son all the sales people and even the people in the parts and service area's. ( I can't say that about some of the other dealers within driving distance. ) Of course I am a very good customer and very easy to deal with. This trade an example I had a number in mind and the manager and I reached an agreement in literally thirty seconds. They had already offered the CTX at $1000 off the MSRP. So I wanted $6800 for the CB1100 knowing that retail was about $7500. Honda had a give back of $300 on the CTX and the dealer offered me $6000 for the CB. I said close but not quite close enough. Fellow came up $500 and I said well with the $300 from Honda it's a deal. Everyone's happy. So they have $6500 invested in a CB1100 with 500 miles on it. Should be an easy sell for them.
 
Enjoy the CTX, friend!
I came across a rider on a group ride a couple months ago on one of those and I had to ask him about it. It's a slick looking ride! His story was kind of similar, he was a little older and had a leg injury from getting hit a while back, so that was probably one of the bikes that could accommodate him the best. So maybe a really good choice!
 
Thread starter
Hypnotoad_imp said:
I may have to drive up to Hagerstown to get your CB1100 if they are letting it go for a good price. :biker:
Well, I can tell you the bike is in perfect condition. Completely stock only addition is a small fly screen. Seems like an offer of $7000 might take it?? Especially if you would call today and grab it before it goes thru the service department. Talk to Brock he's the son of the owner and he's the sales manager (I guess). Just tell him that you had heard about the bike being traded on the forum.

Also any one else interested in the Triumphs or the Harley's or the Valkyrie let me know. The Valkyrie is super low miles and really nice example if ya want a big boy to ride.
 
Enjoy the new ride bubblerboy. Look forward to seeing you around.
 
Enjoy that new ride! I test ride one putting on about 20 miles! Took some getting used to in automatic mode but the paddle shifting was smooth and responsive. The nice thing, you don't have to paddle down shift it does it for you when coming to a stop. But the option is there if you wanted to. The riding position was unbelievably nicer than what I expected and would have tooled around more but my 1100 was calling me back.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Looks like a very interesting bike. I hope you share your experiences with in the Other Bikes section here. And hey; you got to own, ride and experience a CB1100 so now you can say you've been there, done that, still looking for the t-shirt. :)

I have not got a scooter yet but I keep looking at them. A buddy has had a couple (still has one) and he gets such a kick out of them. So some day I think I'll have to explore that side of motorcycling myself.

In the mean time, enjoy the hell out of your new ride and share it with us in pictures!
 
Rboe, my wife's scooter gets 110+ mpg! And will do 60 plus mph! They are fun to ride and super cheap to enjoy.

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
jimigalahad_imp said:
I'm with Rboe, very interesting to see how you like the new bike especially since you can directly compare it to your 1100 experience.
This CTX700 DCT ABS really doesn't compare at all to the CB1100 (other then it does have two wheels) I really liked the CB1100 but I am making concessions to my age, weight and general fitness level (or lack there of) I would say if you wanted to compare it to anything it might be closer to a Burgman or a Silverwing in power and performance but it's still a swing your leg over motorcycle. I've had big scooters and they are entirely fine but this bike seems to be a bit better handling and it certainly isn't more of a handful over say the Silverwing (seat height balance etc). I rode it home on I 81 from Hagerstown to Chambersburg and it's fine on the highway. Probably not a first choice to ride real long distances and certainly not two up (which I never do).

Hey, life is a compromise beginning to end. While at Twiggs the fellow before me was picking up a brand new Goldwing Trike. To each his own but that rig did not appeal to me at all. And for the money???

The CB is a fine machine I didn't part with it due to any issues at all with the bike. One of the very best I've had in my collection for sure.
 
Good post Bubblerboy... And like I said totally understandable. I watched my Dad go from Indian and harley Dressers to a 350 Yamaha, then 350/4 Honda, to a CB 200 to a CB 175 to a Ducati 125 as he got older. I think he rode until he was 70 or so, which is my goal.

I am not interested in a trike either, but if they allow some people to continue riding, that's a good thing. Personally when I can no longer hold up or control my big bikes, I have no issue moving down to a smaller, lighter bike or a scooter, like the 400 Majesty I traded in on my CB Deluxe. The 400 scooter would do everything one could ask for,and you dont have to swing a leg over the seat, and you have plenty of storage.

We are still waiting on pics of your new ride BTW, and I'd love to hear about your reaction to the DCT compared to the CVT on the scooter.
 
Back
Top