cbdtran_imp
Been there
6K is a realistic cost for trading up considering tax and registration loss / cost of both bikes
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Yea, I wouldn't take $6 K for mine from a dealer or a private buyercbdtran_imp said:6K is a realistic cost for trading up considering tax and registration loss / cost of both bikes
The Spaceman_imp said:When I sold Harleys at the Bruce Rossmeyer dealership, trade-ins were always the most difficult deals. I'd write up the deal on a worksheet with the customer's bike and our bike, take it to the sales manager for final pricing, and then go back to my desk and enrage the customer when they saw the numbers. Buyers came in thinking the thousands of dollars in chrome and accessories they added would count, or that we'd offer the price they saw their bike listed for online, or that we'd offer KBB or NADA retail instead of the much lower trade-in prices.
I don't think there's a worse value scenario than trading a 2013 for a 2014, regardless of if it's a bike, a car, or a boat.

I am pretty sure that the EX and Deluxe versions of the CB1100 were probably announced after his purchase. Not sure how any research would have revealed that a different version of the bike with features he would want would be available at a later date.CB1100dan_imp said:Kinda sad to not do your research before you made a 10,000 dollar purchase. You should have known about the 5 speed, although unless you drive at 80+ mph all day and in that case you need a sport bike, I have a 2010 Z1000, a five speed is just fine. As for the pipes, if you didn't like the look why did you buy the CB. I love the ride, I know why Honda made the bike, its not a sport bike, and I Love the look. But, I did do my research...
Amen brother... Well said!The ferret_imp said:For me, its not a single upgrade that tears at my heart, its the upgrades in their entirety. The 4 into 2 pipes with actual double wall chromed head pipes, the instrumentation with the gear indicator, the differently patterened seat, then add in the 1" higher bars, the 6 speed trans, the larger capacity fuel tank.
Believe me I researched this bike for 3 years, and ordered it before my dealer even knew it was available. Most of us that desired the bike figured this might be a one shot deal and like Rboe said a one year model. It was discussed at length here.
Believe me had i know or had an inkling that there would be an upgraded model only 1 year later, I'd have waited. Then I would have had a choice, the original sporty model or the upgraded model.
Um, wow. :dodgy:CB1100dan_imp said:I guess what I am saying is, you either like this bike or you didn't, if you needed a six speed and a larger tank and four into two pipes and higher bars and a different seat and double wall headers and so on and so on..... Maybe you should have bought a different motorcycle. As for me, that's why I own a 10 State line, a Z1000 and a 76 CB550f. One bike will never fill the bill for all types of riding, heck, two or three bikes will not fill the bill. As we speak, I am eyeing a Husqvarna TR650 Terra... Another bike for another type of riding. And for those of you that claim you did research... You had better start doing research at real motorcycle shows... All of these upgrades, I heard about from the Honda reps last year in long beach... And I still wanted the 13 CB. And so I bought it. No regrets, sour grapes or complaints... I now have 3500 miles on it and its hard for me to not smile every time I think about that multi-flaud little red mistake Honda made... Maybe they can screw up a 2015 CBX... I'll buy that too...
Um, wow. :dodgy:thumper_imp said:Um, wow. :dodgy:CB1100dan_imp said:I guess what I am saying is, you either like this bike or you didn't, if you needed a six speed and a larger tank and four into two pipes and higher bars and a different seat and double wall headers and so on and so on..... Maybe you should have bought a different motorcycle. As for me, that's why I own a 10 State line, a Z1000 and a 76 CB550f. One bike will never fill the bill for all types of riding, heck, two or three bikes will not fill the bill. As we speak, I am eyeing a Husqvarna TR650 Terra... Another bike for another type of riding. And for those of you that claim you did research... You had better start doing research at real motorcycle shows... All of these upgrades, I heard about from the Honda reps last year in long beach... And I still wanted the 13 CB. And so I bought it. No regrets, sour grapes or complaints... I now have 3500 miles on it and its hard for me to not smile every time I think about that multi-flaud little red mistake Honda made... Maybe they can screw up a 2015 CBX... I'll buy that too...

Well said...:beerchug:Guth_imp said:Just look at the threads around this place a few weeks back. Collectively as a group, we still didn't know what might, or might not be headed our way this year as far as the CB1100 was concerned.
Also, it's one thing to be dissatisfied with a product, but to want a different product even more doesn't necessarily mean that a person isn't happy with what they bought. We all have different preferences. For many, the 2013 model was the best thing going back when it was released. Now for some, the 2014 Deluxe model will supplant the 2013 offering as the bike that comes the closest to their ideal. That doesn't strike me as being all that difficult to understand. I hope that everyone out there who is pining for a 2014 model is able to find a way to make it happen. Especially if that means selling or trading in a 2013 model. The more CB1100s out there being ridden, the better.
I might wait for few yrs and trade mine for used Deluxe model as long as it is RED, no spokes, no ABS in similar condition (pristine.) We are like a bunch of kids .. new toys ... new toys ... when the old toy is not used enough.The ferret_imp said:For me, its not a single upgrade that tears at my heart, its the upgrades in their entirety. The 4 into 2 pipes with actual double wall chromed head pipes, the instrumentation with the gear indicator, the differently patterened seat, then add in the 1" higher bars, the 6 speed trans, the larger capacity fuel tank.
Believe me I researched this bike for 3 years, and ordered it before my dealer even knew it was available. Most of us that desired the bike figured this might be a one shot deal and like Rboe said a one year model. It was discussed at length here.
Believe me had i know or had an inkling that there would be an upgraded model only 1 year later, I'd have waited. Then I would have had a choice, the original sporty model or the upgraded model.