Touch Up Paint

Johnshiro_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Dear Folks,

I've tried and tried and tried but cannot get my hands on touch-up paint to fix a stone chip on my fuel tank.

Even Honda UK could not help me which is not great to be honest.

The colour is: Candy Chromosphere Red 2019 model Honda CB1100EX

Any help would be very greatly appreciated, with best regards,

John
 
R381C should be the number on the tag Cormanus mentioned.
 
Thanks cj599. They’ve always looked good on the interwebs.
 
i painted my 360g a long time ago {edit I forget I'm decades younger than most the dudes one here } about 2011 with a Camaro color still looks good

661982d274590840b5068fbe10a9a404.jpg

ce10f390fadb72bfafcbd006a9250a60.jpg
 
It looks lovely indeed. So does the bike. You've done a great job with it.

By the way, if you hang around with geezers for too long, you'll end up being one. One the other hand, we like it as our natural impulse is to believe that all young 'uns are useless. You help remind us what a load of bollocks that is.
 
John, I had the same issue with the same colour and found a touch up set, but because it is pearlescent paint is has 3 layers; base, then silver then candy red. By the time you get the silver dry it is too dark a base colour, for the candy red, so it really doesn't match very well at all (waste of nearly £40).

My chip wasn't too big, so I solved it using candy red nail varnish from Boots Chemists; essie code 508 is a very good match if the chip isn't too big, applied with a good quality brush, not the brush in the bottle.

Good luck Tim
 
Back
Top