total km in 2023

alprider

Road warrior
Thread starter
Super Cub : .....4587

Grom / MSX : ...3594

CB 1100 : ........2986

CB125 F : ..........996 (sold)

Monkey : ........ 3107

Vultus : ...........2874

CL 500 : ..........4202

---------------------

.....................22346 km
 
13,885 miles. Good going, alprider.
 
Would you please tell us, why one would report his bikes and total mileage in such way ?
I mean, I am glad you had fun, but what am I missing here ?
 
Thread starter
Here at my place, a lot people drive an average of 2-3000km a year a few too 10-15 thousand for their leisure/hobby... and you can see that I always change things up, I distribute the km evenly
 
The Gecko_imp said:
Would you please tell us, why one would report his bikes and total mileage in such way ?
I mean, I am glad you had fun, but what am I missing here ?
As opposed to reporting bikes and mileage totals in a different way? Or maybe the question more focuses on the "why" part?

Forum communication and where it leads one is a curious thing. Member might be posting about mileage, but I might respond: "hey, I didn't know you had a Monkey...what's that bike like?" and then the thread takes twists and turns, and I end up buying a Monkey down the road when it was never on my radar. My wife questions my sanity and leaves me for a bike-less dude from Ann Arbor who promises he'd never dream of riding a motorcycle. I start life over as a result and determine that I'll do a round the world trip on the Monkey...

...all because some guy with a banana yellow CB1100 posted his mileage for different bikes.
Hey Alp, what do you think of that Monkey?
 
Variety is the spice of motorcycling life
 
The ferret_imp said:
Variety is the spice of motorcycling life
So true, so true!
 
pdedse_imp said:
The Gecko_imp said:
Would you please tell us, why one would report his bikes and total mileage in such way ?
I mean, I am glad you had fun, but what am I missing here ?
As opposed to reporting bikes and mileage totals in a different way? Or maybe the question more focuses on the "why" part?

Forum communication and where it leads one is a curious thing. Member might be posting about mileage, but I might respond: "hey, I didn't know you had a Monkey...what's that bike like?" and then the thread takes twists and turns, and I end up buying a Monkey down the road when it was never on my radar. My wife questions my sanity and leaves me for a bike-less dude from Ann Arbor who promises he'd never dream of riding a motorcycle. I start life over as a result and determine that I'll do a round the world trip on the Monkey...

...all because some guy with a banana yellow CB1100 posted his mileage for different bikes.
Hey Alp, what do you think of that Monkey?
:rofl::thanks::beerchug:
 
Look out Nachodaddy. He's trying to bamboozle us again.
 
Thread starter
pdedse_imp said:
The Gecko_imp said:
Would you please tell us, why one would report his bikes and total mileage in such way ?
I mean, I am glad you had fun, but what am I missing here ?
As opposed to reporting bikes and mileage totals in a different way? Or maybe the question more focuses on the "why" part?

Forum communication and where it leads one is a curious thing. Member might be posting about mileage, but I might respond: "hey, I didn't know you had a Monkey...what's that bike like?" and then the thread takes twists and turns, and I end up buying a Monkey down the road when it was never on my radar. My wife questions my sanity and leaves me for a bike-less dude from Ann Arbor who promises he'd never dream of riding a motorcycle. I start life over as a result and determine that I'll do a round the world trip on the Monkey...

...all because some guy with a banana yellow CB1100 posted his mileage for different bikes.
Hey Alp, what do you think of that Monkey?
the most comfortable saddle I've ever had

with his short wheelbase and lightweight.....and his special own style....just a real funbike.....if you arnt (only) the powerbike mind (even with larger loops)
btw
Well, of course I'm not the tallest or heaviest and therefore have plenty of space on it
 
alprider_imp said:
pdedse_imp said:
The Gecko_imp said:
Would you please tell us, why one would report his bikes and total mileage in such way ?
I mean, I am glad you had fun, but what am I missing here ?
As opposed to reporting bikes and mileage totals in a different way? Or maybe the question more focuses on the "why" part?

Forum communication and where it leads one is a curious thing. Member might be posting about mileage, but I might respond: "hey, I didn't know you had a Monkey...what's that bike like?" and then the thread takes twists and turns, and I end up buying a Monkey down the road when it was never on my radar. My wife questions my sanity and leaves me for a bike-less dude from Ann Arbor who promises he'd never dream of riding a motorcycle. I start life over as a result and determine that I'll do a round the world trip on the Monkey...

...all because some guy with a banana yellow CB1100 posted his mileage for different bikes.
Hey Alp, what do you think of that Monkey?
the most comfortable saddle I've ever had

with his short wheelbase and lightweight.....and his special own style....just a real funbike.....if you arnt (only) the powerbike mind (even with larger loops)
btw
Well, of course I'm not the tallest or heaviest and therefore have plenty of space on it
the most comfortable saddle I've ever had

with his short wheelbase and lightweight.....and his special own style....just a real funbike.....if you arnt (only) the powerbike mind (even with larger loops)
btw
Well, of course I'm not the tallest or heaviest and therefore have plenty of space on it
I concur - at least from the perspective of statically sitting on it. It felt wonderful.
 
Stop "teasing" Alp, otherwise we won't see the beautiful photos of his motorcycle fleet and the country/CH :)
:beerchug:
 
The Gecko_imp said:

Whew! That is a hot potato of a statement, but I'll bite, sans the politics though. :D

I too find the loss of any species a sad statement that reflects poorly on our civilization as a whole. However... Until corporations who are responsible for the lion's share of pollution stop deflecting their transgressions by guilt shaming Joe Commuter for burning gasoline in his ULEV (in what are now some of the lowest hydrocarbon emitting engines ever produced) to get to his job that feeds his family while they carelessly continue to dump "forever chemicals" into drinking water sources, or belch pollution by using bunker oil in cargo ships, or burn jet fuel at such high elevations that it takes years to come back to the ground, etc. I think it's a bit like stepping over dollars to pick up pennies and misses the low hanging fruit by a long shot.

But just like The Dude said, that's just like my opinion, man. :thumbsup:
 
As far as impact on species, they come, go and come back. Hundreds of new species are discovered every year, hundreds of species disappear every year, and many species thought to be extinct are suddenly discovered NOT extinct every year. According to Science Museum of Virginia (google):
Scientists say that 86% of the species that live on land and 91% of those that live underwater have yet to be studied by science..... About 18,000 new species are discovered every year.

There is no existing, new or newly proposed viable solution to propel the 8 billion people that exist today that won't have a detrimental impact on this planet. Currently oil is the best/most viable solution for mass transit as far as I can tell.

A motorcycle to me seems a pretty benign method of travel compared to most cars, busses, planes and trains. Moving requires energy, and that energy has to come from somewhere, and honestly with some of the newer proposed sources of energy they don't tell you the "whole" story, or they don't know the "whole" story to tell you (to be discovered by our children and grandchildren.) Electricity doesn't produce itself, and wind and solar are not living up to their promises.

We can argue/discuss it here leaving politics out, but we are not going to solve the issue, that's for sure.
 
Whoops_imp said:
The Gecko_imp said:

Whew! That is a hot potato of a statement, but I'll bite, sans the politics though. :D

I too find the loss of any species a sad statement that reflects poorly on our civilization as a whole. However... Until corporations who are responsible for the lion's share of pollution stop deflecting their transgressions by guilt shaming Joe Commuter for burning gasoline in his ULEV (in what are now some of the lowest hydrocarbon emitting engines ever produced) to get to his job that feeds his family while they carelessly continue to dump "forever chemicals" into drinking water sources, or belch pollution by using bunker oil in cargo ships, or burn jet fuel at such high elevations that it takes years to come back to the ground, etc. I think it's a bit like stepping over dollars to pick up pennies and misses the low hanging fruit by a long shot.

But just like The Dude said, that's just like my opinion, man. :thumbsup:

Whew! That is a hot potato of a statement, but I'll bite, sans the politics though. :D

I too find the loss of any species a sad statement that reflects poorly on our civilization as a whole. However... Until corporations who are responsible for the lion's share of pollution stop deflecting their transgressions by guilt shaming Joe Commuter for burning gasoline in his ULEV (in what are now some of the lowest hydrocarbon emitting engines ever produced) to get to his job that feeds his family while they carelessly continue to dump "forever chemicals" into drinking water sources, or belch pollution by using bunker oil in cargo ships, or burn jet fuel at such high elevations that it takes years to come back to the ground, etc. I think it's a bit like stepping over dollars to pick up pennies and misses the low hanging fruit by a long shot.

But just like The Dude said, that's just like my opinion, man. :thumbsup:
I’ll take the glove...
Everything you say is correct, but it should not be used as an excuse to do nothing, to not think, to not see.
Let the big guys do what we all can and should ask them to do. Let’s talk about it, discuss it, work on it. Fine. But a million little guys do their fair share of damage. And one needs to talk about this too. There is no good reason to shout hurrays when one’s mileage topped that from last year, or that of your neighbor.
 
Back
Top