Torque specs for Engine Gaurds

metalmaven_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
I noticed that on the 2014 CB1100 that the engine gaurds that you can buy use some of the Motor mount bolts or locations.

Do these need to be re-torque'd if you add engine gaurds?

What is the proper torque?
 
I saw this post yesterday and meant to respond. The short answer is, yes, the bolts need to be re-torque'd. Of course, some will say they have built in ft-lb readings in their forearms but I personally like to use a proper wrench. I believe I still have the paperwork for the engine guards that may have listed the specs but, if not, I'm expecting my service manual any day now and will take a look and edit this post as soon as I have the information (unless someone else beats me to it - hint, hint).
 
metalmaven_imp said:
I noticed that on the 2014 CB1100 that the engine gaurds that you can buy use some of the Motor mount bolts or locations.

Do these need to be re-torque'd if you add engine gaurds?

What is the proper torque?
Front engine bracket nut 36 lbf-ft
Front Engine Hanger nut ( if used ) 44 lbf-ft

Bracket nuts are the two on the frame ( Black)
Hanger Nut is to the rear of them
 
Back
Top