Torque Settings

Tyke57nz_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Hi

I would like to know the Torque settings for the Engine Mounting M10 bolts that are at the front of the Engine under the Oil Cooler. Long story involving engine sliders/brackets that didn`t quite fit properly so the original bolts have gone back in until I either make new spacers or the slider manufacturer supplies them.
Also looking to buy or download a workshop manual for my CB1100 if anyone can point me in the right direction.

Have a safe and happy New Year,

Cheers
 
Thread starter
Kiwikevin_imp said:
Hi Tyke57NZ

Torques for the 4X "through frame" bolts / nuts is 49Nm.
I got my manual from here http://www.sell.com/2G7335
Hi Kiwikevin

Thanks for that info, I assumed the 2 x through bolts for the Engine to mounting plate would be the same, would you mind looking those up for me. I will have to set up a Pay Pal account to purchase that manual but I will get onto that later.
Where in NZ are you?
Cheers
 
Tyke57nz_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Workshop manuals and sourcing them was discussed here, CB1100 Forum - Factory Service Manual available from Helm, Inc..

Kiwikevin, is the one from sell.com ok?
Went to the Helm site and its US$127 to post to NZ, total cost US$222 so might be going with the sell.com item, from the thread I believe its an OK item but perhaps Kiwikevin would confirm.
Went to the Helm site and its US$127 to post to NZ, total cost US$222 so might be going with the sell.com item, from the thread I believe its an OK item but perhaps Kiwikevin would confirm.
Hi Guys, yes good quality print, bound with clear plastic cover!
I'm Happy!
 
Thread starter
Kiwikevin_imp said:
Tyke57nz_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
Workshop manuals and sourcing them was discussed here, CB1100 Forum - Factory Service Manual available from Helm, Inc..

Kiwikevin, is the one from sell.com ok?
Went to the Helm site and its US$127 to post to NZ, total cost US$222 so might be going with the sell.com item, from the thread I believe its an OK item but perhaps Kiwikevin would confirm.
Went to the Helm site and its US$127 to post to NZ, total cost US$222 so might be going with the sell.com item, from the thread I believe its an OK item but perhaps Kiwikevin would confirm.
Hi Guys, yes good quality print, bound with clear plastic cover!
I'm Happy!
Went to the Helm site and its US$127 to post to NZ, total cost US$222 so might be going with the sell.com item, from the thread I believe its an OK item but perhaps Kiwikevin would confirm.
Hi Guys, yes good quality print, bound with clear plastic cover!
I'm Happy!
Cheers for that, off for a ride now before the weather turns grotty.
 
Tyke57nz_imp said:
Kiwikevin_imp said:
Hi Tyke57NZ

Torques for the 4X "through frame" bolts / nuts is 49Nm.
I got my manual from here http://www.sell.com/2G7335
Hi Kiwikevin

Thanks for that info, I assumed the 2 x through bolts for the Engine to mounting plate would be the same, would you mind looking those up for me. I will have to set up a Pay Pal account to purchase that manual but I will get onto that later.
Where in NZ are you?
Cheers
Hi Kiwikevin

Thanks for that info, I assumed the 2 x through bolts for the Engine to mounting plate would be the same, would you mind looking those up for me. I will have to set up a Pay Pal account to purchase that manual but I will get onto that later.
Where in NZ are you?
Cheers
Yes torques are the same for the 4 bolts that go through the frame. The other 2 (1 each side) that go through the front engine bracket/s are 59Nm.

Hope this helps.
 
Thread starter
Kiwikevin_imp said:
Tyke57nz_imp said:
Kiwikevin_imp said:
Hi Tyke57NZ

Torques for the 4X "through frame" bolts / nuts is 49Nm.
I got my manual from here http://www.sell.com/2G7335
Hi Kiwikevin

Thanks for that info, I assumed the 2 x through bolts for the Engine to mounting plate would be the same, would you mind looking those up for me. I will have to set up a Pay Pal account to purchase that manual but I will get onto that later.
Where in NZ are you?
Cheers
Hi Kiwikevin

Thanks for that info, I assumed the 2 x through bolts for the Engine to mounting plate would be the same, would you mind looking those up for me. I will have to set up a Pay Pal account to purchase that manual but I will get onto that later.
Where in NZ are you?
Cheers
Yes torques are the same for the 4 bolts that go through the frame. The other 2 (1 each side) that go through the front engine bracket/s are 59Nm.

Hope this helps.
Hi Kiwikevin

Thanks for that info, I assumed the 2 x through bolts for the Engine to mounting plate would be the same, would you mind looking those up for me. I will have to set up a Pay Pal account to purchase that manual but I will get onto that later.
Where in NZ are you?
Cheers
Yes torques are the same for the 4 bolts that go through the frame. The other 2 (1 each side) that go through the front engine bracket/s are 59Nm.

Hope this helps. Excellent, thanks for the info. I will get the manual from sell.com as it is $200+ cheaper landed at my door; US$157 just for shipping and handling seems a little over the top for a manual.
 
Why not have someone buy a copy of the manual here from their local dealer and ship it to you? A fresh factory manual can be had for around $60-70 here. Those shipping costs seem outrageous... although when I asked my dealer if he could match the $832 price for a Staintune a few months ago, he said that just the shipping alone was going to eat $150+ of his margin... Pirates Lair must be getting some sort of volume discount!!!
 
Thread starter
GUNFTR_imp said:
Why not have someone buy a copy of the manual here from their local dealer and ship it to you? A fresh factory manual can be had for around $60-70 here. Those shipping costs seem outrageous... although when I asked my dealer if he could match the $832 price for a Staintune a few months ago, he said that just the shipping alone was going to eat $150+ of his margin... Pirates Lair must be getting some sort of volume discount!!!
Good thought, but through sell.com no one else is involved if that makes sense. Shipping charges are strange, when I have bought tech books via Amazon its next to nothing which is why I question the US$157 - NZ$200 for basically a book. I shipped ex UK earlier this year about 30kgs for 190GBP or NZ$400 in less than 7 days. Staintune is easier as my Brother lives over there so he can bring one back as hand luggage when he comes for a visit.:celebrate:
 
Thread starter
Tyke57nz_imp said:
GUNFTR_imp said:
Why not have someone buy a copy of the manual here from their local dealer and ship it to you? A fresh factory manual can be had for around $60-70 here. Those shipping costs seem outrageous... although when I asked my dealer if he could match the $832 price for a Staintune a few months ago, he said that just the shipping alone was going to eat $150+ of his margin... Pirates Lair must be getting some sort of volume discount!!!
Good thought, but through sell.com no one else is involved if that makes sense. Shipping charges are strange, when I have bought tech books via Amazon its next to nothing which is why I question the US$157 - NZ$200 for basically a book. I shipped ex UK earlier this year about 30kgs for 190GBP or NZ$400 in less than 7 days. Staintune is easier as my Brother lives over there so he can bring one back as hand luggage when he comes for a visit.:celebrate:
Good thought, but through sell.com no one else is involved if that makes sense. Shipping charges are strange, when I have bought tech books via Amazon its next to nothing which is why I question the US$157 - NZ$200 for basically a book. I shipped ex UK earlier this year about 30kgs for 190GBP or NZ$400 in less than 7 days. Staintune is easier as my Brother lives over there so he can bring one back as hand luggage when he comes for a visit.:celebrate:
Manual arrived 9 days after order placed, total NZ$63 delivered to my door from sell.com. Very happy with purchase.
 
Back
Top