Top speed

[/QUOTE]
Lose some weight
[/QUOTE]

LOL Now thats just plain funny right there!:D
 
The ferret_imp said:
Bruce Hammerson_imp said:
0 to 60 KM/H in 6 seconds. :)
That sounds cool to me.
However, I want to decrease the time it takes to speed up from 0 to 60. How can I achieve that?
Drop a tooth on the front sprocket or go up 3 teeth on the back sprocket. However at normal running speeds you will be turning a higher rpm.

Get a high performance exhaust

Lose some weight
Drop a tooth on the front sprocket or go up 3 teeth on the back sprocket. However at normal running speeds you will be turning a higher rpm.

Get a high performance exhaust

Lose some weight
Lose some weight
[/QUOTE]

LOL Now thats just plain funny right there!:D
[/QUOTE]

***Every 7 lbs lost = 1 hp gain***
 
Has anyone successfully removed the speed limit? Not that I'm going to go whizzing around at 140mph everywhere but, I'm very anti-limit. I would feel better knowing I can go as fast as I want, when I want.

BTW, new owner, just picked mine up last night. I love just about everything except the color, and now the limiter...

XeNoSCR
 
Congrats and welcome! Which dealer did you get yours from? I got mine at Dreyer, but I know Bloomington got one and a dealer in Westport/Greensburg had one as well.
 
Randy_S_imp said:
Congrats and welcome! Which dealer did you get yours from? I got mine at Dreyer, but I know Bloomington got one and a dealer in Westport/Greensburg had one as well.
Got mine from Dreyer as well. My heart sank last weekend when they said the one I had been told was there had been sold the day before. But quickly rebounded when they said one was shipping from their OH warehouse. Almost had to come down with the 8 hour flu from work this morning. Put 70 miles on it, including the first one, in my first night with it.

BTW, sent a question to DynoJet sales to see if they could definitively answer the question, will the Power Commander V effectively remove the top speed limit. We'll see...
 
I was wondering if I ran into you last Friday at Dreyer's garage sale. When I was leaving someone was about to take one for a test ride.
 
To repeat XeNoSCR's question:

Has anyone removed the Speed limiter?

I share XeNoSCR's opinion and resent a corporation [or goverment agency] imposing a restriction on this otherwise excellent motorcycle.

Also, what would be involved, could the software on our bikes be modified by a computer re-program?

Who could provide this service? I doubt Honda would allow their dealers to preform this modification.:-/
 
Thumper donated his CB1100 to Bazzaz for a few weeks for the development of their fuel controller for this bike. When asked, they indicated that because of the way it was implemented, the limiter could not be removed/overridden. More details here.
 
I got the answer from DynoJet:

Quote:The Power Commander does NOT have the capability to extend or eliminate a top speed limiter. It is simply an engine air/fuel ratio tuning device.



Perhaps in the future we will have an Ignition Module accessory for the Power Commander available that could extend the rev-limiter in higher gear and thus allow for a higher top speed; but this accessory is not even on the drawing board at this point in time.



Let me know if you have any further questions.
So, no dice. Nothing yet....

XeNoSCR
 
Ok, let me try this again. The speed sensor is the black
wire running along the rear swing arm on none abs models
from the rear brake caliper to the wiring harness inside the
right sidecover (one with CB1100 on it) by the air box lid.
You can unhook it/disable it but it is illegal to alter this
wire in Texas because it disconnects the speedo/odo which
would alter the actual miles of the vehicle when you sell it.
So now your top speed is faster but you cannot see it on dash.
Bike does not care what gear you are in, when speed sensor
sees 112 MPH it shuts off fuel/air. Done for Japan market.
 
With rumors of the 2014 model coming out, what do you think the chances are that will come without the speed/rev limiter?
 
Well of course. Why would they change something they have been doing for 3 years now.
 
2013 CBXX_imp said:
Ok, let me try this again. The speed sensor is the black
wire running along the rear swing arm on none abs models
from the rear brake caliper to the wiring harness inside the
right sidecover (one with CB1100 on it) by the air box lid.
You can unhook it/disable it but it is illegal to alter this
wire in Texas because it disconnects the speedo/odo which
would alter the actual miles of the vehicle when you sell it.
So now your top speed is faster but you cannot see it on dash.
Bike does not care what gear you are in, when speed sensor
sees 112 MPH it shuts off fuel/air. Done for Japan market.
So how does the bike react if you are running the quarter mile and hit 112 mph with 30 yards to go... does it simply alter the mixture to hold the speed to 112 or does it shut off... or does it act like a rev limiter... it would be good to know ahead of time so there are no surprises at 100+ mph...:huh:
 
GUNFTR_imp said:
2013 CBXX_imp said:
Ok, let me try this again. The speed sensor is the black
wire running along the rear swing arm on none abs models
from the rear brake caliper to the wiring harness inside the
right sidecover (one with CB1100 on it) by the air box lid.
You can unhook it/disable it but it is illegal to alter this
wire in Texas because it disconnects the speedo/odo which
would alter the actual miles of the vehicle when you sell it.
So now your top speed is faster but you cannot see it on dash.
Bike does not care what gear you are in, when speed sensor
sees 112 MPH it shuts off fuel/air. Done for Japan market.
So how does the bike react if you are running the quarter mile and hit 112 mph with 30 yards to go... does it simply alter the mixture to hold the speed to 112 or does it shut off... or does it act like a rev limiter... it would be good to know ahead of time so there are no surprises at 100+ mph...:huh:
So how does the bike react if you are running the quarter mile and hit 112 mph with 30 yards to go... does it simply alter the mixture to hold the speed to 112 or does it shut off... or does it act like a rev limiter... it would be good to know ahead of time so there are no surprises at 100+ mph...:huh:
It's a "soft" limiter....been there, done that.
 
I Had thoughts of this bike, wanting it, but after reading about the speed limiter, no thanks..that is allmost anti-american...what were the japs thinking, and only one color, red?? i like black...you wonder what honda is thinking, you get the idea they really don,t care.....
 
ronss_imp said:
I Had thoughts of this bike, wanting it, but after reading about the speed limiter, no thanks..that is allmost anti-american...what were the japs thinking, and only one color, red?? i like black...you wonder what honda is thinking, you get the idea they really don,t care.....
That makes it simple. If you don't like it you don't got to buy it.
 
ronss_imp said:
I Had thoughts of this bike, wanting it, but after reading about the speed limiter, no thanks..that is allmost anti-american...what were the japs thinking, and only one color, red?? i like black...you wonder what honda is thinking, you get the idea they really don,t care.....
If you are looking to race the bike then do the Rev limiter work around....

Otherwise, how often are you going to be going 110mph plus? Legally the top speed on the interstate system with the exception I believe of one state is what 80 mph?

I just don't see how the limiter can be a show stopper when the bike definitely goes faster than most speed limits...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
 
Back
Top