TOP END ON A UNRESTRICTED CB1100

CIP57_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Guth no concerned this was on a closed course:P

Stretched her legs for the first time, I didn't lose any body parts no tank slapper just smooth acceleration. 4th gear at 9000 rpm's is 132mph and 5th gear still pulls pretty hard until I buried the speedo at 140. I think the bike can do 150 without question. The bike was as smooth as can be didn't scare me at all. I did have my cut down EX shield which i tucked behind in case it decided to leave me. I did do my air-box mod today and fuel mileage is back up to 54, i think it helped because the bike was running rich.
Came home and gave her hug, did i mention how much a like this bike;)

Full yoshi exhaust ordered and on its way then down to PA for some dyno time.
 
Holy Crap.. I'd say it's unrestricted :excited:
 
Stock bike other wise?
At the risk of being too personal, what weight range is your body in? I'm looking for a ball park figure to see how hard the bike was working. Some of us are more, how shall I say this; more aerodynamic than others..... :)
 
Thread starter
Rboe_imp said:
Stock bike other wise?
At the risk of being too personal, what weight range is your body in? I'm looking for a ball park figure to see how hard the bike was working. Some of us are more, how shall I say this; more aerodynamic than others..... :)
LMAO more aerodynamic
I'm the perfect weight to fly, 5'6" 170
 
CIP57_imp said:
Guth no concerned this was on a closed course:P

Stretched her legs for the first time, I didn't lose any body parts no tank slapper just smooth acceleration. 4th gear at 9000 rpm's is 132mph and 5th gear still pulls pretty hard until I buried the speedo at 140. I think the bike can do 150 without question. The bike was as smooth as can be didn't scare me at all. I did have my cut down EX shield which i tucked behind in case it decided to leave me. I did do my air-box mod today and fuel mileage is back up to 54, i think it helped because the bike was running rich.
Came home and gave her hug, did i mention how much a like this bike;)

Full yoshi exhaust ordered and on its way then down to PA for some dyno time.
Righteous.
 
Dang!!! I knew it would run 130 but 140. Wow Wow Wow I love it. Thanks CP. I'm read your thread on air box mod but you lost me I don't know what you did.
Cbdtran: he had ECM flashed removed the speed limiter and rev limiter. :)
 
did it hit a brick wall at 150? my 1981 lowrider guit pulling at 100mph at 4500 on back roads after about 4 pitchures of beer, those were the good old days.
 
I just looked at a YouTube video called CB1100 to 100mph or something and one comment stated that the USA version is limited to 112mph but he'd had his (European) version up to 132mph or something.

Can anyone shed light on this?
 
CIP57_imp said:
Yes Hiker, enjoying that, but i have a feeling it won't be for very long
Man, that's the world record! I am dying to get that my ecu flashed..but will not come near your score. Very ballsy. LOL.:beerchug:
 
I will be on your butt CIP! Lol. My speed record is 176 mph on a cbr1000rr. Few years back. But I'm sending my ECM to Don tomorrow :)
 
So, basically a stock bike?

GPS confirmed mph? (onboard mph gauge are not known to be all that accurate you know). :)
 
Rboe_imp said:
So, basically a stock bike?

GPS confirmed mph? (onboard mph gauge are not known to be all that accurate you know). :)
Several folks including me have GPS confirmed the speedo to be spot on (in my case measured at 50, 60 and 70 mph). I'm betting it's pretty close.

CIP - your MPG figure is intriguing. I can't break above 40 mpg with cat free header, Staintune, and TSR air funnel.
 
My 13 was spot on on the speed. I couldn't believe it. My ST 1300 isn't even close. Haven't tested the 14 yet.
 
Ok guys got my ECM & shop manual boxed up ready to ship to Don! Sending it overnite tomorrow should have it back by the weekend I hope ! :) I just want speed limiter removed lil higher rev but still safe and want the best performance thru all gears for a stock daily rider!
Michael
 
Rboe_imp said:
So, basically a stock bike?

GPS confirmed mph? (onboard mph gauge are not known to be all that accurate you know). :)
That used to be true with the mechanical speedos of old. I don't normally use a GPS on the bike, but I took my airplane unit along to check my CB11 speedo. It was +/- 2 mph to at least 90 mph (didn't go any faster that day). It didn't seem to suffer the growing error at higher speeds like the mechanical speedos.

When I topped out my CB750 years ago I took the GPS and was suprised at the accuracy of it's mechanical speedo. The gauge read just over 135 mph, while the GPS was firmly insisting that we were doing 127 mph.
 
If one of you "reflashed" guys get near a drag strip, it sure would be cool to know what she'll do in a quarter, I'm convinced the 11.7 that Cycle World recorded was achieved while bouncing off of the speed limiter. I'm thinking this bike is potentially mid to low 11's unrestricted.
 
Back
Top