Tokyo Motor Show - New CB1100

Motor, forks, and frame are the same, everything else is different
Different, gas tank, seat, headlight bucket is chrome, intrument cups are chrome, head pipes are different, exhaust pipes appear smaller, rear footpeg brackets are different, grab bar is wrap around and chrome, chain guard different design and chrome, uh..lemme look at the pic again..mirrors are square, it has spoke wheels, air box cover is different
 
I'll have to wait till the if, when and what we get, before I get the least bit excited, even with spokes I still like what I have better, your mileage may vary, and that is cool.
 
I like it.

Luckily it is not enough to make me want to part with my DLX.

Interesting engine color scheme, I guess some wanted black, some wanted silver, and now the 2 tone scheme will catch all the rest who could not decide on one or the other !
 
Thread starter
Emphasis on "major" as in, to the average Joe on the street, if they saw the 1st gen ride by and 5 minutes later saw the concept ride by, would they think it was the same model/year motorcycle?

The ferret_imp said:
Motor, forks, and frame are the same, everything else is different
Different, gas tank, seat, headlight bucket is chrome, intrument cups are chrome, head pipes are different, exhaust pipes appear smaller, rear footpeg brackets are different, grab bar is wrap around and chrome, chain guard different design and chrome, uh..lemme look at the pic again..mirrors are square, it has spoke wheels, air box cover is different
 
It's cool but not any better than what's available now even if they do bring it back they will release it at a price about 10k+ im sure. Why not bite now on one that's at a discount and save yourself the depreciation. I cant believe what one can be had at right now.
 
Shinchan_imp said:
Emphasis on "major" as in, to the average Joe on the street, if they saw the 1st gen ride by and 5 minutes later saw the concept ride by, would they think it was the same model/year motorcycle?

The ferret_imp said:
Motor, forks, and frame are the same, everything else is different
Different, gas tank, seat, headlight bucket is chrome, intrument cups are chrome, head pipes are different, exhaust pipes appear smaller, rear footpeg brackets are different, grab bar is wrap around and chrome, chain guard different design and chrome, uh..lemme look at the pic again..mirrors are square, it has spoke wheels, air box cover is different

Yes, average person would only know one is yellow the other is red
 
The fork angle seems shallower (or whatever word I mean) but maybe that is just the photo. Could they be moving toward a more cruiser-ish stance?
 
Thread starter
My fear is that by the time I'm in a position to buy, the current 2013/2014 stock will be nowhere to be found. As my current bike is a 1966 CB450K0, I promised my wife that the next bike would be "brand new" as these days I seem to spend more time wrenching than riding...

I'm hoping that just like with the current situation, that $10k will turn into ~$8500 from some dealers...

Brookland27_imp said:
It's cool but not any better than what's available now even if they do bring it back they will release it at a price about 10k+ im sure. Why not bite now on one that's at a discount and save yourself the depreciation. I cant believe what one can be had at right now.
 
Back
Top