Today at the service station

Django

Road warrior
Thread starter
Ups, this morning at the service station I filled in 14.2 liter into the 13.7 liter tank of my CB. :rolleyes:

Somehow I had lost track of my gauge. I guess, I shouldn't had ride any longer.

...lucky man I was.
 
Did you mean you put 13.7 liters into the 14.2 liter tank? That is cutting it pretty close.
 
Thread starter
No, as I wrote, 14.2 liter into the 13.7 liter tank. You may sqeeze some more drops in as nominal. So, I was really cutting close...

The 2013 model has nominal a fuel capacity of 13.7 liter. This is up to the bottom of the filler plug. There is still some air above. However, if you try to fill up completely, at some point it would drain thru the venting tube. btdt
 
Wow, then yea, I'd say you were cutting it very close.
 
Thread starter
Oh dear, I'm getting old. Somewhere I picked up this 13.7 liter number. But in fact it is 14.6 liter capacity, as Cormanus pointed out. I looked it up in my operators manual.

I did 254 km with 14.2 liter.

Well, the whole story reminds me on this Mathematican joke:
If there are 2 persons in a room, and 3 come out, then 1 has to go in, to make it empty (0).
 
Django_imp said:
Oh dear, I'm getting old. Somewhere I picked up this 13.7 liter number. But in fact it is 14.6 liter capacity, as Cormanus pointed out. I looked it up in my operators manual.

I did 254 km with 14.2 liter.

Well, the whole story reminds me on this Mathematican joke:
If there are 2 persons in a room, and 3 come out, then 1 has to go in, to make it empty (0).
LOL
 
Back
Top