Tires

CBXBob_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
With the large selection of top of the line bias belted, and dual compound,
non-radial tires, has anyone tried, "premium" non radials on the CB1100 ? and yes, I have read all the threads about larger tires being successfully used, but would prefer to stay closer to the stock size. Thanks everyone. been a long winter in SE Ma, like everywhere else.
 
I'm not quite sure what a premium non radial is.

The only member I know using non radials is GCarper. I think he was running Bias ply tires. Do a search for posts by him.

Looks like he was running Avons

Limited tire options
 
CBXBob_imp said:
With the large selection of top of the line bias belted, and dual compound,
non-radial tires, has anyone tried, "premium" non radials on the CB1100 ? and yes, I have read all the threads about larger tires being successfully used, but would prefer to stay closer to the stock size. Thanks everyone. been a long winter in SE Ma, like everywhere else.
Where in SE MA are you ? I'm on the cape sometimes.
 
CBXBob_imp said:
With the large selection of top of the line bias belted, and dual compound,
non-radial tires, has anyone tried, "premium" non radials on the CB1100 ? and yes, I have read all the threads about larger tires being successfully used, but would prefer to stay closer to the stock size. Thanks everyone. been a long winter in SE Ma, like everywhere else.
I'm not sure what qualifies as premium, but Bridgestone makes a nice dual compound set of bias ply tires that come in CB1100 stock sizes. The BT-45s are great on my CB750 which is similar in weight and configuration. Plenty of stick for the twisties, yet I get about 10K out of a rear and 13K from a front. I've been through 3 sets on the 750 and am strongly considering switching the CB11 to BT-45s when the current skins wear out. I believe some of our Aussie members have been running these on their CB11s, due to the lack of radials in stock sizes there.
 
Thread starter
Flynrider_imp said:
CBXBob_imp said:
With the large selection of top of the line bias belted, and dual compound,
non-radial tires, has anyone tried, "premium" non radials on the CB1100 ? and yes, I have read all the threads about larger tires being successfully used, but would prefer to stay closer to the stock size. Thanks everyone. been a long winter in SE Ma, like everywhere else.
I'm not sure what qualifies as premium, but Bridgestone makes a nice dual compound set of bias ply tires that come in CB1100 stock sizes. The BT-45s are great on my CB750 which is similar in weight and configuration. Plenty of stick for the twisties, yet I get about 10K out of a rear and 13K from a front. I've been through 3 sets on the 750 and am strongly considering switching the CB11 to BT-45s when the current skins wear out. I believe some of our Aussie members have been running these on their CB11s, due to the lack of radials in stock sizes there.
I'm not sure what qualifies as premium, but Bridgestone makes a nice dual compound set of bias ply tires that come in CB1100 stock sizes. The BT-45s are great on my CB750 which is similar in weight and configuration. Plenty of stick for the twisties, yet I get about 10K out of a rear and 13K from a front. I've been through 3 sets on the 750 and am strongly considering switching the CB11 to BT-45s when the current skins wear out. I believe some of our Aussie members have been running these on their CB11s, due to the lack of radials in stock sizes there. the tires i was considering
Chapomis_imp said:
CBXBob_imp said:
With the large selection of top of the line bias belted, and dual compound,
non-radial tires, has anyone tried, "premium" non radials on the CB1100 ? and yes, I have read all the threads about larger tires being successfully used, but would prefer to stay closer to the stock size. Thanks everyone. been a long winter in SE Ma, like everywhere else.
Where in SE MA are you ? I'm on the cape sometimes.
Where in SE MA are you ? I'm on the cape sometimes. Mattapoisett
 
Thread starter
CBXBob_imp said:
Flynrider_imp said:
CBXBob_imp said:
With the large selection of top of the line bias belted, and dual compound,
non-radial tires, has anyone tried, "premium" non radials on the CB1100 ? and yes, I have read all the threads about larger tires being successfully used, but would prefer to stay closer to the stock size. Thanks everyone. been a long winter in SE Ma, like everywhere else.
I'm not sure what qualifies as premium, but Bridgestone makes a nice dual compound set of bias ply tires that come in CB1100 stock sizes. The BT-45s are great on my CB750 which is similar in weight and configuration. Plenty of stick for the twisties, yet I get about 10K out of a rear and 13K from a front. I've been through 3 sets on the 750 and am strongly considering switching the CB11 to BT-45s when the current skins wear out. I believe some of our Aussie members have been running these on their CB11s, due to the lack of radials in stock sizes there.
I'm not sure what qualifies as premium, but Bridgestone makes a nice dual compound set of bias ply tires that come in CB1100 stock sizes. The BT-45s are great on my CB750 which is similar in weight and configuration. Plenty of stick for the twisties, yet I get about 10K out of a rear and 13K from a front. I've been through 3 sets on the 750 and am strongly considering switching the CB11 to BT-45s when the current skins wear out. I believe some of our Aussie members have been running these on their CB11s, due to the lack of radials in stock sizes there. the tires i was considering
Chapomis_imp said:
CBXBob_imp said:
With the large selection of top of the line bias belted, and dual compound,
non-radial tires, has anyone tried, "premium" non radials on the CB1100 ? and yes, I have read all the threads about larger tires being successfully used, but would prefer to stay closer to the stock size. Thanks everyone. been a long winter in SE Ma, like everywhere else.
Where in SE MA are you ? I'm on the cape sometimes.
Where in SE MA are you ? I'm on the cape sometimes. Mattapoisett
I'm not sure what qualifies as premium, but Bridgestone makes a nice dual compound set of bias ply tires that come in CB1100 stock sizes. The BT-45s are great on my CB750 which is similar in weight and configuration. Plenty of stick for the twisties, yet I get about 10K out of a rear and 13K from a front. I've been through 3 sets on the 750 and am strongly considering switching the CB11 to BT-45s when the current skins wear out. I believe some of our Aussie members have been running these on their CB11s, due to the lack of radials in stock sizes there. the tires i was considering
Chapomis_imp said:
CBXBob_imp said:
With the large selection of top of the line bias belted, and dual compound,
non-radial tires, has anyone tried, "premium" non radials on the CB1100 ? and yes, I have read all the threads about larger tires being successfully used, but would prefer to stay closer to the stock size. Thanks everyone. been a long winter in SE Ma, like everywhere else.
Where in SE MA are you ? I'm on the cape sometimes.
Where in SE MA are you ? I'm on the cape sometimes. Mattapoisett Thanks for the input. Sorry to confuse the issue. By premium I was just referring to name brand top of the line type tires.
 
After getting 2 nails in the rear tire just a couple months apart, I opted for a set of Pirelli Sport Demons,
mostly because the OEM Dunlops weren't available except from Honda. The rear tire alone was around $200 plus shipping, not to
mention mounting and balancing charges.
Granted, I live in perfectly flat Memphis, (except for entrance/exit ramps) but I really like these Pirellis.
Also granted, I will never be confused with Rossi or Hayden or Edwards but this set of tires suits me just fine.
I've always liked Avon tires as well...........they worked quite well on my '83 CB1100F and Kaw ZR-7S.
I hope this helps and doesn't add to the confusion in tire choices.
Jim
 
It is going to get warm enough this week for me to mount the Conti
Road Attack CR s . I will post some pic. later --
 
OK it made it to 50 today, time mount some tires. I know we have covered this before but now you can see a old man do it.
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
 
Nice CA, what a great set up you have there. Looks like you left some miles on the old tires though. How many miles did you have on them?

What size and model of Contis did you mount?
 
More front -
[/img]
[/img]
[/img]
Time for a test ride.
[/img]
[/img]
Sure is a lot simpler then in the 70s 80s or 90s.
There is just not as many parts and pieces as in the past.
Mickey I had 7000 miles on the stock Dunlops, they were getting squired off and the front is cupped. By the way here is a little secret.
The last 2mm of tread go's away almost twice as a new tire so why not new skins.
The tires are ContiRoad ATTACK 2 classic race.
110/80ZR18
150/65R18

They feel good, turn in is a lot nicer at slow speeds but will have wait till we get some rain to clean up the road here before I can get a good ride in.
 
I ordered Bridgestone T30 today. Will mount them end of March.

The Dunlop front tire does not look very good anymore after just 4.000 km, less than 2 mm left at the sides, a little bit more in the center.
 
Good choice! I spotted those Conti tires and the 150/65-18 rear is the closest mathematically to the stock size I could find. My dealer's distributors don't show that size in their catalogs and after inquiring through the rep, I was told those are non-U.S. distribution only. May I ask where you purchased your set?
 
KennyB I also contacted some old Dist. people I know and got the same message. I contacted Continental Tire USA and they said a small Dist,. called Performance Tire has them. Called them and even though I used to be a retailer they said I could get them through one of their "retailers" and they would ship them from there to me.
Most of their "retailers" turned out to be people that were connected to vintage racing and not like the full retail store like had. It all seemed kinda sleazy to me but I got them but had to pay retail. I did write back to
Continental and said they really should try and get some of the normal Dist. to stock them like Parts Unlimted
or Tucker Rocky or WPS. . After all I think they are a perfect fit for our bikes.
 
I am really keen on these Conti Road Attacks. Hopefully, they can be brought in through more traditional supply channls. Are thse going to wear quickly since it is a "race" tire?
 
Back
Top