Tires ~ Converting tube to tubeless type.

Thread starter
Venteuri_imp said:
BUMP! ... I am waiting on the Outex thing to seal my rims. What size tires are you (outex tubeless conversion) using on the rear? I am thinking on staying with the 140/70 for safety concerns... but wonder if 160/60 is ok to use?
I like the Bridgestone T32, good grip especially on wet pavement, however, noisy.

I stayed with the standard size.
 
Many of us have used 160/60 rear tyres with no concerns.
 
I'm running tubeless on my converted 2017MY EX. I stuck with stock size tyres and used Bridgestone T31's but cannot see any impact in running the larger tyre as it is all about the sealing of the spokes. I've never seen the point of the larger tyre though myself, heavier tyre, more un-sprung weight and a little further to lean in a bend given matching tyre profiles. Aesthetically maybe there is something to be said for it? T31's a bit noisy up front.
 
Venteuri, in my case, no, with the standard spoked rim.

Tev62, the main reason many of us went to the larger rear tyre was that it was impossible to buy radial tyres in the OEM size.
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Venteuri, in my case, no, with the standard spoked rim.

Tev62, the main reason many of us went to the larger rear tyre was that it was impossible to buy radial tyres in the OEM size.
Ah, I didn't know that :thumbsup:
 
Yes, my question is because I'm having trouble finding the 140/70 size.


Options: Battlax T32 or BT46.... what do you guys say?
 
I think the BT46 is bias ply while the T32 is a radial tyre. Depends which you prefer.
 
I suspect the BT46 will be a slightly more hardwearing and good all round reliable performer. The T32 a little more dynamic but noisier and faster wearing. If you enter CB1100EX on the Bridgestone UK tyre selector the T32 is the one that comes up by default with no mention of the BT46. I like the extra dynamism the T31's I have gave me over the stock Dunlop and I assume the T32's are better again. I don't think either would be a bad choice though.
 
I just wanted to revive this thread and see if those who have done the tubules conversion could answer a question for me. The Outex instructions say to grind the spoke nipples flat on the inside of the rim before putting the little round stickers over each one. They have since changed over from using the stickers to putting a dab of "Shoe Goo" on each nipple. The instructions included in the kit are the same ones that went with it when they used stickers with an addendum saying to use Shoe Goo instead. I am hesitant to grind the nipples on my wheels and was wondering if this is something I really need to do.
 
Back
Top