Tire rebates

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Seems like all of the major tire manufacturers are offering rebates on tire purchases right now. If you need tires, or expect to later this summer, this may be a good time to buy. :biker:

I just ordered a set of OEM Bridgestone BT54's from DennisKirk for $198 delivered, after rebate. DennisKirk had the best deal of the various on-line retailers that I shopped, though most were within a few dollars of each other. The Bridgestone rebate expires on 4/30.

I was really hoping to try the Bridgestone T31 EVO's, which are available in OEM sizes if you happen to live in Europe, but they're not available in the U.S. A large on-line U.K. retailer who ships worldwide quoted me £105 shipping per tire to the U.S.
 
I bit of a story on a Metzeler rebate:

I bought a set of Metzeler Roadtec Z8's last August. There was a $75 on-line rebate at the time. My rebate was approved in September. By November, my payment still hadn't showed up. When I called the promotion company (who was handling the promotion on behalf of Metzeler) to see what's up, they essentially told me that Metzeler wasn't making good on the rebate payments, and for me to contact Metzeler directly.

All contact with Metzeler on this issue has been fruitless.

Needless to say, I won't be buying any more Metzeler product.

When I've had rebates with Michelin (for car tires), it has gone quite smoothly.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
Seems like all of the major tire manufacturers are offering rebates on tire purchases right now. If you need tires, or expect to later this summer, this may be a good time to buy. :biker:

I just ordered a set of OEM Bridgestone BT54's from DennisKirk for $198 delivered, after rebate. DennisKirk had the best deal of the various on-line retailers that I shopped, though most were within a few dollars of each other. The Bridgestone rebate expires on 4/30.

I was really hoping to try the Bridgestone T31 EVO's, which are available in OEM sizes if you happen to live in Europe, but they're not available in the U.S. A large on-line U.K. retailer who ships worldwide quoted me £105 shipping per tire to the U.S.
That is a great deal. I just replaced my front BT54 for140.00 off the bike. Sticking with the stock brand/model/size is always the best choice. The engineers that designed our bikes are way smarter than any of us will ever be.
 
That’s all very well if you can get the OEM tyres. No chance of getting a BT54 or the OEM Dunlop in Australia.
 
I didn't care for the OEM Bridgestone BT-54s, especially the front tire, which was essentially bald at 6K miles. The PR3s I switched to last more than twice as long up front and about 25% longer in the rear.

Just checked the usual outlets and it doesn't look like Michelin is playing the rebate game right now.
 
Townie_imp said:
I bit of a story on a Metzeler rebate:

I bought a set of Metzeler Roadtec Z8's last August. There was a $75 on-line rebate at the time. My rebate was approved in September. By November, my payment still hadn't showed up. When I called the promotion company (who was handling the promotion on behalf of Metzeler) to see what's up, they essentially told me that Metzeler wasn't making good on the rebate payments, and for me to contact Metzeler directly.

All contact with Metzeler on this issue has been fruitless.

Needless to say, I won't be buying any more Metzeler product.

When I've had rebates with Michelin (for car tires), it has gone quite smoothly.
I eventually got mine, but took months as you describe.
 
Thread starter
Well, that was quick. My Bridgestone rebate arrived today, but it was $60, not $40 as I initially expected, so $178 for a set of OE tires after rebate. Can't beat it.
 
Flynrider_imp said:
I didn't care for the OEM Bridgestone BT-54s, especially the front tire, which was essentially bald at 6K miles. The PR3s I switched to last more than twice as long up front and about 25% longer in the rear.

Just checked the usual outlets and it doesn't look like Michelin is playing the rebate game right now.
^^ + 1^^ PR3, .............BT-54s = frt is useless
 
BT-54s = frt is useless

Really? That is why it is OEM? I was not happy with the quick wear either, but love the grip and feedback. Mr Honda knows best.
 
My '13 came with OEM BT-54s, and I did not like front tire premature wear, compared to PR3 (I exaggerated with useless statement :blush:)
Rear one lasted longer.
I think PR3 was available from 2011 ?
For present, '14 model, I could not get front PR3-110, so I have Dunlop = very happy/tested twice during hwy flood and pouring like hell. Rear is PR3-160. I am Michelin admirer, except winters (for cars of course)
:)
 
The problem with wear on the original BT-54 BS's was not a wear problem but a lack of rubber problem. They had very little tread on them from the start. Just a few 32's before hitting the wear bars iirc.
 
Back
Top