Tire Pressure

drodg33

Been there
Thread starter
I am just curious. How often do you check your tire pressure? How often do you have to add air? Thanks
 
Every week, at most every other weekend. It's got to be one of the most important safety procedures done on a motorcycle, and I'm always amazed at how much air they lose in a fairly short span of time. If I hadn't done this a couple of weeks ago, I might not have noticed I had a staple in my rear tire, and my pressure was down 13 lbs. - I'd have been in a bad situation had it let go on the twisty canyon roads I ride on around here...
 
every couple of days ...every couple of checks.
 
I check tires for damage before each ride. I also check pressure before each ride. They need maybe one psi bump per week on average.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I check the pressure before every ride. I add air maybe once/week, but probably less often than that.
The ferret_imp said:
every couple of days ...every couple of checks.

Note that The Ferret rides nearly every day. If I were able to do that, I would probably not check pressure every day, either.
 
Yes, weekly is pretty average I think. That's what I do.
I don't find there's much air loss in a week, but there is always some and I keep them right on the mark regardless.
If I don't ride for 2-3 weeks the loss can easily be 2-3 pounds.
 
drodg58_imp said:
I am just curious. How often do you check your tire pressure? How often do you have to add air? Thanks
Once in month or even more seldom. It's enough for me and my CB.
I and the Honda don't get nervous 'bout the airloss, if there's some.
Whenever I check the pressure, I do some correction. But it's not the world so to say.

Wisedrum
 
I check air pressure in vehicles rather often, but not as often as many of you. Maybe I have to step it up some?

I'll get on it. I have a nice compressor with a long hose and an assortment of pressure gauges, so not that hard.
 
I ride everyday, but only check check the pressure about every other week. They're usually within 1-2 pounds. If they're down much more than that, I can usually feel it. The bike doesn't want to roll into the corners as easily.
 
My first bike, I hardly ever checked and my front tire suffered because of it. When that happened, OCD kicked in and I checked just about every ride for the next 5 years. Now, after a four year break, I bought this bike 9 days ago, have over 700 miles, and haven't checked once. I guess I need to find my gauge.
 
In the beginning weekly or bi-weekly check, after I mounted the Dunlop Sport Demon (after factory Dunlop D205) I recognized that this is not necessary anymore. Therefore, I check it now max. monthly.
 
ingobohn_imp said:
In the beginning weekly or bi-weekly check, after I mounted the Dunlop Sport Demon (after factory Dunlop D205) I recognized that this is not necessary anymore. Therefore, I check it now max. monthly.
hi there- do you mind if I ask why you don't check pressure anymore (after mounting the speed demons)?
I'm fairly new to motorcycling and I'm just curious -
thanks very much.
 
I usually do a quick tire check before each ride, inspect for cuts and anything penetrating the tires. Then check pressure, 34F/42R. Seldom have to add any air.
 
Thread starter
I checked mine last night. I have had the bike about 45 days and this will be my first check after I took delivery. The front tire was about 34 and the rear at about 38. Not bad.
 
Back
Top