Tire life span

I believe there was a Forum member in western Canada who has a "black checkered" CB1100?

I know there is one collecting dust up in Guelph, Ontario at the back of the showroom.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
I believe there was a Forum member in western Canada who has a "black checkered" CB1100?

I know there is one collecting dust up in Guelph, Ontario at the back of the showroom.
U R correct with both
 
Thanks Canadian gents.
 
Thread starter
Thank you all for your valuable information. My tires are marked week 37 2014. it supports the opinion that the 1100's sold in Europe in 2016 were manufactured in 2014.

I´ll definitely buy a new set before spring time.
 
olafurarason_imp said:
Thank you all for your valuable information. My tires are marked week 37 2014. it supports the opinion that the 1100's sold in Europe in 2016 were manufactured in 2014.

I´ll definitely buy a new set before spring time.
Agree 100%
 
After long delay, when hopes were near zero, I received the first 11 VIN characters of three (3) black Canadians 2016 CB1100 with the checkered flag tank.

Here is the info Cormanus was waiting for:
JH2SC6578GK
JH2SC6579GK
JH2SC6571GK

I am still waiting for a full VIN of one more 2016 black CB1100.
 
Thanks, peterbaron. That answers the question. The chequered 2016 Canadian bikes were identified by Honda as a 2016 model year.
 
My new tires were put on today, I ment to get them last year.

I ride rather conservative, limited long trips. These tires that came off had 6500 miles, OEM, 2014 bike. Sorry, yes a little old, front cupped some.

I have fresh Bridgestone tires now. There may be better tires, shop was able to get these, much better than what came off.
 
If kept out of the sun. The rubber surface will off gas. That surface rubs off and there is good rubber under. Bought my 2014 in 2019 it had 1136 miles. I rubbed the tread of the front with in 500 miles. Replaced the front with stock Dunlap. I have worn the new front out the bike now has 4480 miles. The original rear is still fine. Remember tread is really only needed in the rain. I my opinion.!
 
Klamathonian_imp said:
If kept out of the sun. The rubber surface will off gas. That surface rubs off and there is good rubber under. Bought my 2014 in 2019 it had 1136 miles. I rubbed the tread of the front with in 500 miles. Replaced the front with stock Dunlap. I have worn the new front out the bike now has 4480 miles. The original rear is still fine. Remember tread is really only needed in the rain. I my opinion.!
Useful info.

Many times I watched my covered (from the sunlight) CB1100 OEM tires "sweat it out" as winter turned to spring. The rubber would literally excrete some unnatural looking liquid. However, and strangely, they never did crack.

Other than appearing normal, they were consistently undesirable in aggressive corners (e.g. hard rubber).
 
Today the set of Pirelli Angel GT's on my CB went over 9,500 miles. Still has a little left. Probably get 10K out of them or a little bit more.
 
Good news.
Do they, front and rear, wear relatively even?
I have about ~4K miles on mine, and happy so far
 
I have done 9,433 miles on the original Dunlop D205.
The bike is a 2014 CB1100ex so they are 9 years old now!
 
Back
Top